The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
Madpiper7777

Tips for daily driver mods 72 Cheyenne

Greetings,
I'm new to the forum and C10's
A couple weeks ago I picked up my very first C10! 1972 Cheyenne Super! I'm pretty excited to learn how to work on it and keep it running strong. So I'd imagine I'll be spending more and more time on this forum soaking up all your guys knowledge. So.. Im trying to prioritize my build and any input would be greatly appreciated.
My goal is to build a dependable daily driver that can put in work and still looks good.
It's got a 350 (unknown if original) TH350 tranny, unknown rear end. It's also lowered ( I want to return to stock height)

First thing I did was replace the AC compressor and alternator and had the Carb tuned.
She runs great but rpms are maxed at hwy speed.

Should I raise the height and put larger tires on (255/70/R15) to lower my RPMs asap or save up and get a 700R4 tranny? I'm planning on both but what should be priority?
Also I'm planning on eventually dropping in a 290hp crate engine. Pace performance has an assembled one I've been eye balling. Would this be a good choice? As far as drivability. Would doing a LS swap really be worth the $$?
Attached Images

Madpiper7777 is offline   Reply With Quote