The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

06 power mirrors

Hey folks,I'm doing a bit of looking for some info for a neighbor.He busted one of the full power mirrors(signal lights,extendable and adjust) on his 06 2500.The prices he's been quoted on a new one from up here is nuts compared to the price of a new one from south of the border.For whatever reason,the outfits out of the states can't (or won't) ship new parts across the border?He's wondering if a lower end mirror will work.One without the extending feature.
Any info or ideas are appreciated.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
truckpoorpackrat

Re: 06 power mirrors

You didn't say which side you need but you have a wrecking yard in Edmonton (ALLWEST AUTOPARTS) that has a right one that should work $ 250.00. If you go with a standard (non-extending) power mirror with turnsignals the one mirror will try to fold in when you try to extend the other. If you replace both mirrors you will probably have to reprogram the power window module (it talks to the mirrors)(dealer would use tech 2 to do this) Or you could replace with manual mirrors one or both. Other option would be to use power heated mirror without turnsignal. Hope this helps.
truckpoorpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

I passed that info on to him and he's going to call Allwest back.They didn't have one for him a couple of weeks ago.I think he's decided to go with another extending mirror,probably for the reasons you outlined.
Thanks for taking the time truckpoorpackrat it's appreciated.
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
my pics
Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
truckpoorpackrat

If they don't have it, have him look on the label in his glove box & confirm he has option code 6P3 (label stuck to inside of glove box has all vehicle build information) & let me know, also which side. I will see if I can find any others close to where you are.ALLWEST SHOW THEIRS TO BE ON A 2006 GMC 3500 STOCK # 18l19 maybe this will help them find it, if they still have it.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Sorry I'm late on this.I haven't seen him in the last few days,but I'll phone him tomorrow with this info.
Again,thank you very much!
Are you a GM tech or partsman by chance?
my pics
Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
truckpoorpackrat

I'm a auto body tec in a chevy dealership (just don't blame me). I don't BUILD them I just fix them.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

lol noted.
my pics