The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #26
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

I am guessing the show sponsors want their hardware shown so that dictates the project and show content pretty much. All the difficult restoration work has no sponsor so guess what...we don't get to see it! Who is going to pay for that...public TV maybe? Any fool can buy and bolt on a part...so guess what we will be seeing from now on. Sponsors for aftermarket gee-gaws are what dictate the content. Remember how Shade Tree Mechanic first started? It was restoration and repair that evolved into bolt on spoilers and plastic cosmetic cr*p that does not belong on a truck. I would rather watch the Red Green Show or Home Improvement reruns! Sorry for the vent!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:28 AM   #27
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Yep, alot of $$$$$$$$$$$ and sponsorship not real for the most of us. Kinda like some of the mag & show rides nice but to much money.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:05 AM   #28
dmurphy68

we all should boycott the TNN SHOW and bombard there email with what we would like to see show us how to get down and dirty with real stuff. Not this lets build a motor and it is already assembled and they just take it apart and reasemble it. that is just B>S>. I wish I had the money and men I would put out a show that had the fustrations of breaking loose a 32 year old rusted bolt etc... I have watched those showes for years now and have never seen anything like that. they dont even have dirty finger nails. I love speed vision there is a show on there that (caint rember the name) they go out and buy a pos and restore it to orginal. yea a little of the corporate BS but what can you do. Some of the cars they do Are great finds . One time they had one that was a pos and they paied 8k for because it was a factory heimi. sorry for the long post but it just furstrates me to no end. then the ricer show after that dont go there !!!!!!
Darren

No free man shall be debarred the use of arms
- Thomas Jefferson

Later Darren
http://www.myspace.com/dmurphy68
dmurphy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #29
LowSeventy

Who cares about watching someone bust loose a 32 year old rusty bolt? I could care less if he giggles, at least he's workin on one of our trucks and not some rice burner Honda like those clowns on Horsepower TV. And I like seeing all the coolest new stuff on the market that we all dream about building someday, but never will. And as far as dirty fingernails go, dmurphy68 I guess you missed the Bronco episodes where he was welding in the floorpans and burned like three of his red shirts. I vote the guy has some skills.
LowSeventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:26 PM   #30
Reumster
L.E.D. Freak

This is true. I tell you what, I'd rather watch Power Block, than golf, or tennis, or fishing for that matter. If it's about cars I'll watch it. I think Stacy does a good job all in consideration. After all he has a boss just like everyone else.
(406)675-8082
or Joel @ jmcwaters@eps-corp.net

1972 2wd Blazer, 350/700R4/3:73 posi, err & Custom L.E.D. inserts! LOL
Reumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #31
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I of course would be a better choice for hosting that show, cause I've got charisma lol, but I'm just happy the show's out there. I'm a little ticked off TNN got rid of Hot Rod TV. For a learning gearhead their tech was good and they showed awesome vehicles on each show. But yes, I must agree, the hosts in general could be a little less annoying. Horse Power's hosts really bugged me last year in that every sentence had to have a cute innuendo - but they are doing less of that this year. Oh well, as long as they put these shows out, I will watch them, drool over some of the projects and take notes when they show something of interest. Better than watching Gardening by the Yard!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote