The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Boogie_Man

WIW '71 Rally wheels

I don't know if these wheels are original to the truck or not. They were on it when I picked it up. They don't have any dings or gouges in the lip, no curb rash, center caps are in good shape and are painted flat black. I think they're 15x8's but I could be wrong. They have light surface rust around the lip but it looks very easily manageable. I thought about just having them blasted and re-chromed and sticking with them, but I can't get away from how good the Boss 338 style wheels look. I really have no clue what I should be asking for these.

The first pic is the best wheel, second the worst, and third a centercap (they all look to be in the same shape).
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: WIW '71 Rally wheels

You might get $100 for them. Either for a driver for someone who doesn't care about the rust...maybe clean them up a bit and have seasoned wheels for a patina truck. Or someone who would blast and paint them. The caps have no value as they should be chrome and I imagine someone painted them due to rust. Either way,someone will need new caps. I think it's worth $100 to get 8" car rallyes for a truck,or any 8" wheel for that matter. I'd just sand blast and paint them rallye wheel argent silver. You say '71 so I assume they are 5-lug.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Boogie_Man

Thanks for the reply special-k. I think I'm going to do that, have them blasted and painted. I rather like the look and it'd be nice to switch every once in awhile when I get the 338's.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,once chrome goes...what are ya gonna do?Nothing wrong with silver painted rallyes. After all,that's the real factory look. So,they look like they're really off a Camaro then. When they are chrome it looks good but it's a better than life look,if you know what I mean. I mean,they never actually came that way and ,hey,the idea is to look GM factory.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote