The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
84_chevy

Hello

Hello from Toronto, Well I finely bought the pickup truck that I have wanted since I was 20 years old. She is an 84 C10, I saw this truck for sale for about a month but the gentlemen want 5k for her, too much I thought so I kept stopping by and finely negotiated the price down to $2500, I think I did well and he was happy to get rid of his lawn ornament. To my surprise when I got her home and check the VIN number, I know should of done this before I paid for her but oh well hind sight is 20/20 this truck was originally a 2wd drive I guess someone got ambitious somewhere down the road and turned her into a 4X4. Now I’m facing a dilemma, do I rebuild her as a 4X4 or strip her down and turn her into a street demon either way I hoping you guy will be kind enough to help me out, I’m a handy guy (tradesmen) and have tinker with a lot of cars and bikes in the past but have never done a frame up restoration. Btw what’s your opinion, 2wd or 4x4? Cheers for now.
Attached Images

84_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote