The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
Cal69Chevy

Post Sputtering off idle under load...

I have a 69 Chevy with a fairly new crate 350 with the original manifold and Qjet carb. Just resently it has started to sputter off idle under load. The engine idles great and in park I can rev it slow or fast and it sounds great.

I'm not a trained mechanic but I'm able to figure things out by asking questions and reading from manuals. My first thought was this has to be a vacuum advance problem. Then some other said it sounds like a fuel starve situation. What do you guys think it is and how would I go about testing to determine exactly what is causing this?

BTW, the carb ID is 7029207 with indicates that it was for a manual transmission. I have a TT400. The original owner said the carb was stock. What's the differenc between this carb and on made for an automatic?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken

Ken's '69 Page
Cal69Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote