The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #26
faribran

Re: How much would you pay?

What is the asking price?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #27
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowro8 View Post
If the truck has fake patina, the value goes up quite a bit..

Seriously though, the thread is not pointless. The guy has questions and he is getting answers. What is really pointless is responding to someone's thread and telling them it's pointless.

It was mentioned above that the OP should just ask the seller the price to find out what it's worth. Sometimes it takes the opinions of other truck enthusiasts to help make a decision on what to offer... Seems pretty common sense and fair to me.

As far as replacement value, $1500-3000. If you could get it for $1500 it would be a steal, but if you spent $3000 I think you can still hold your head up.
You just proved my point as far as value goes. It is depends completely on location. In my area the truck as described would be 3 times what you think is a decent deal. Asking for opinions is fine. But doing local research is a must. Period. I sell bare shortbox chassis for $1800-$2000 consistently. You people in the states would lose you mind at the prices of these trucks up here. That makes the information from guys in this area pointless. Not opinions but actual selling information.

I have a buddy who sold a decent patina but rusty 68’ shortbox fleet for $7800 cdn. That’s approx $6000usd. The truck had no motor or trans and needed floor and firewall work. Would you pay that? I doubt it. But he had buyers stacked up ten deep. Figures he left money on the table.

Guys on here throw out ridiculously low prices saying “I wouldn’t pay a penny more” I swear if I could buy trucks for what people on here say they’re worth, I’d run out of storage.

The one thing I will agree with you is the lack of an asking price. Drives me nuts when a seller won’t even value their own item. Tells
Me they either have no idea or want way too much.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #28
Coley

Smile Re: How much would you pay?

...some pretty good takes and input on this so far.
The variety and range of opinions and prices here are a pretty interesting reflection of local economies as well as the 'supply and demand' nature of classic truck stuff for sale.
YBNorml point about value in Alberta is correct...and probably similar to what it would be in places in the U.S Northeast rust belt, etc where there aren't that many examples around....but there is often enough money.

It will all come down to how much the seller wants to sell the truck, how much they have marketed it...and how they have prepped it.

The problem with lowballing someone too much is you raise their level of suspicion while possibly insulting them....which prompts them to look a little further into market value, which will often take you out of the running to buy it.

Good luck and keep us posted either way.....post up a pic.

all good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #29
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Without actually seeing it in person there's not one person here that can give you an accurate estimate. Even if this thread had truck pictures, it's near impossible. Maybe hire an appraisal company if your not confident in your abilities in picking out a truck.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #30
Average Joe

I wouldnt hesitate to offer 2k if its as described. Possibly more if i really wanted it. The lack of wiring and motor/tranny is really miner in my book.

I would look for a suitable donor truck with a good running motor and swap it in. Easy peasy. Buy it right (donor), sell extra parts, scrap anything unusable and you may end up with a free motor and tranny. Swipe the wiring if its a 67-72.

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote