The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2017, 09:45 PM   #76
davischevy

Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

Oh well, unfortunately, we don't get to chose our relatives.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #77
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I dunno if drinking is a popular guy thing, seems like it might be when someone posts .. What's your favorite adult beverage? Those threads usually take off. I was never a drinker. Never had a drop when I was a kid, didn't drink a beer until I had graduated from HS. There have been a few times I had too much to drink in my very early 20's. Its something I stopped before I even got started.

Honestly its a thing Ive never really been able to wrap my head around. I'm not against it or judgmental though. Personally I don't like the feeling of impairment, not even the smallest tiniest amount. When people say, How can you have fun without having a drink its very odd to me. I was at the store once buying some root beer and ice cream so we could have floats with the grand kids. Checkout person, Having root beer floats? (here's your sign lol) Lady in front of me, where's the bourbon? Cant have a root beer float without the bourbon. Its just odd to me haha.

Even though my teen years were in the 70's Ive never been high. Zero recreational drugs. Another thing I could never figure out why people would want to do. We would have giant bon fires out at the beach. The joints would be passed around and I always passed to the next guy. People that didn't know me would give me S ... but my friends always stood up for me, Hey man its just not his thing, more for us haha!

As far as what pants ... Its 501 jeans for me, always has been and always will be. When I do wear shorts in the summer Carhart makes some nice ones. Tough, and I like all the extra little pockets.

I wish I could say the same thing
I've always liked to drink
But
The older I get, the doctor says
That's the one thing you should stop doing
It ain't easy
(But I'm only a social drinker)
I think it is somewhat hereditary

My dad just turned 80
Talked to him the on his birthday
Said he is feeling up to another 10-15 years
All the smoking and drinking he did over the years
Can't believe he's still kickin

He is, was, and always will be, a great father
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #78
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Im not a fan of Camo except for one hat that I got from Chevyland on here .
Aww, thanks flashed

If it's just to hard to wear, let me know, I'll send you a black one
Old 12-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #79
Chevyland

Even though I drink
My brother in law said to me a while back
(We are both in our early 50's)
"You know what they call us?"
I said no, what?
"Normals"
What? The heck are you talking about
Yea, if you are, our age, without Tatoos, you are called a normal

Oh well I guess, I missed out ?
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #80
flashed

No tats for me but I would love a Black hat but Im still gonna wear the Camo one ,its my favorite one .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #81
special-K
Special Order

You guys knocking camo, just remember it has it's practical uses and just because you see someone in town wearing it doesn't mean they aren't on their way to or from the field/woods.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #82
Coley

Now I'm not sure if this is guy stuff or not....although its certainly modern young guy stuff, but I'm not the most politically correct person socially, lol.
In my professional life I have to be quite politically correct....but 'off line' from work and on a social basis, my belief system and interest in current affairs and trends is not PC.

The Camo stuff?....I can take it or leave it....I have a camo hat thats ok and thats about the end of it. If camo makes a statement....I'm not exactly sure what that is.

All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #83
special-K
Special Order

Poker. I don't play poker. Never have gotten together with "the guys" for a night of cigars and betting. Never had the desire, mostly, because I don't gamble for fun. Never been much on any sit down game.

Cigars. That trend passed through pretty heavy a while back. Not so much now, but cigars are a guy thing and this guy doesn't need no stinkin' rolled up wad of leaf smoke hanging out his mouth.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #84
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Here is a good one......lol.

Who shaves or waxes their chest to remove all body hair?.....

I get a kick out the younger (millennial?) generation who are growing these big manly lumberjack beards.....then shave and wax their chest and body clean and clear of all other hair.
What is going on?....lol....what happened to a generation of young 'men'?

Here is another one......anyone doing the hair color darkening thing to get rid or eliminate gray?
I'm not in that group...but a few of my friends have been hitting the paint, lol.....its definitely nothing that a lot of guys admit to although you can't miss that black or slightly orange/chestnut tinge.
In my past/mid 50's I'm definitely and proudly in the 'gray' group now.

All good
Coley
When I did P90X in 2013 I shaved my chest so I could more easily see the new definition I was getting. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. It was a very itchy experience. On the plus side I did find one large blackhead I enjoyed getting out.

I started going grey by the time I was 21....I'm much more grey now but since I shave my head and (usually) my face, there isn't much hair of any color to see.

Skinny jeans: ugh....those guys look physically weak and mentally meek. I don't treat such people any differently but my impression of them is never good. Clothes really do "make the man" and that's how a person is judged by others. When I started working for an extermination company some years ago, a man at the training course said "wear a belt, it really makes you look better." He was right.

I am not PC and refuse to be, it is a cancer created by the Left to control speech and it works very well for the weak personalities that fall for it. I have never called anyone by a hyphenated race (example "African American") and I never will. Teddy Roosevelt wrote about this for the same reason. I see myself as "an American that happens to be white."

PanelDeland, you just don't realize how good it feels to "hold your life in your own hands" and pull it off. Fear builds inside of you as the plane goes higher and higher since you know "exit altitude" will soon be reached. The fear can become too much and some will freeze up (seen veteran paratroopers freeze up), others will lose the ability to move their muscles....whatever God you believe in you WILL pray to, but one prayer is best. The more you pray the more nervous you get. Crawling out onto the strut and hanging takes some will power....I have to say a head first dive out ("Superman Exit") is much easier. Oh but when you are in free fall ALL FEAR LEAVES YOUR BODY and you pass into a "world of bliss" since you cannot tell you are falling. You non-jumpers will never believe this but ask any skydiver and they will tell you the same. It's addictive.....

I actually look down on dope heads for that reason.....they choose an easy and fake path to ecstasy, when God put into their bodies all the dopamine they'd ever need, but the price of it is bodily risk, a price most will never consider paying. It's an "extreme sport" for a reason, as I like to put it "you can do everything right and still get killed."

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 12-22-2017 at 09:16 AM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #85
flashed

Ten Ring ,great post ,I can only imagine the itching .I remember being shaved in private areas for surgery once a long time ago and the worst part of the recovery was the itching ,at least it was not me doing the shaving since I was asleep.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #86
Coley

Some excellent posts here...and some pretty funny ones.
Another thing that I think (hope?) is a reasonably positive 'guy' trend for older guys is that most guys I know within my demographic (45-60 yrs old) tend to pay more attention to their overall health.
What I mean by that is we aren't all 'bacon and eggs, cigarettes and beer' supporters 24/7.
I only have one friend that smokes out of probably 20...which is a good thing.
All of the guys are responsible drinkers if we end up meeting up for a pub lunch or group dinner, etc.
A lot of the guys do, at least on occasion, try to eat and cook healthy stuff when they can...at least on occasion.
A few of the guys like to go out on the odd bike ride which is great. I got a nice bike this year and I hope to join them as the weather improves this spring.
As well, I think guys are a little quicker to get into see their doctor's these days than in past times....particular for the worlds most unpopular finger, lol.
....these are all good things that I think previous generations didn't pay as much time too.

all good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #87
el_fantasma

Picture of bike please