The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Fatherof3

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[QUOTE=Fatherof3;6483858]It only makes sense to do it this way if are doing a LWB to SWB conversion and want to go lower than mild notch allows. I have a bolt in notch that is designed to fit under the floor that is probably 3.5" deep. This way that 3.5" of extra clearance just became 6.5" of extra clearance over the axle with out cutting the frame into three pieces the way I would need to if I was shorting the frame and doing a notch all the way through the frame. And now all my rear suspension mounting points are moved up 3". Effectively I'm just Z'ing a short bed frame but the frame over laps because I started with a long bed and will be a stronger splice this way too.
Having the lower 2" of inner bed sides rusted through and wanting to go lower that the stock floor would allow is what's behind doing it this way.[/QUOTE
It's not to lower it just 3", it is to have 3" head start to going much lower while shorting it.
65 C20 292 4spd 4:56 Eaton HO52
Old 01-21-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
Mike_The_Grad

Have taken it from this to this. Hopefully this weekend I can pick up some hi-temp paint and pull engine and trans. Just picked up a power washer. I have to replace driver side fender,figured since I'm gonna have half of front end off, just go the distance and take everything off. I have a friend who will let me borrow his cherry picker. Gonna pull radiator since it needs a flush. That should make the pulling the 350 straight forward. Also gonna jack up cab and straighten it out a bit.(had wrecked the front passenger side almost ten years ago.) Then putting everything back together should go easier. I think this will make it the 5 or 6 time I've put the front end on. And it won't be the last...Lol.
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
texjake

I started dismantling the dash today to install the new dash pad, new dash speaker, new AM/FM radio & rebulb the gauge cluster. Also while I am at it I'm going to install all new AC vent/defroster duct hoses & replace the heater core. There is enough W. Texas dirt in that dash & the duct hoses to plant rows of cotton!
Attached Images

Closed Thread