The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
willy3486

Barnfind 1970 c10

For my first post I thought I would post my project. It is a 1970 Chevrolet c10.

front view

Inside of the truck

The engine.

Another picture of the engine.

My Father in law bought this truck new. It is a 70 Chevy longbed. It may have 100k on it or less. If it is 100k its not much over it. Its in really good shape and just needs minor stuff. We plan to paint it as it does have some flakes. But no major rust through and looking the other day I only saw about 3 pieces of rust . The biggest was about the size of a quarter and only surface rust. We plan on new tires,brakes, hoses,battery, belt, and any other minor stuff. We plan on keeping it original.

It had been stored in the barn for years as my FIL did not drive the last few years of his life. He drove this on rare occasions as he had another beater truck to drive. My MIL gave it to my wifes brother and we got tired of it going to waste. So we asked if he would sell it and he did. When I got it out of the barn it looked brown as you could not tell the color. I got it out and washed it off. I plan on rebuilding the brakes and replacing stuff like plugs and hoses in the next few weeks. I know a guy that is really great on engines that will come and get it started. I plan on having everything replaced except for the points so when he comes over he can tune it up.

It doesn't look like it needs much and I hope we have it running in a month or so. We sure could use it now. I need to find a replacement for the fake wheel nuts that go on the original hubcaps. Anyone know of a place that sells them? I have the original factory hubcaps but some of the pieces are missing. My wife and I want to keep it original. I do have a original Chevrolet 8 track with the bowtie on the door from the late 60s/early 70s I plan on putting in it to replace the kraco one in there now.
willy3486 is offline   Reply With Quote