The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
superdav

turn signal problem

Its my drive to work 91 nissan beater truck not my square
Last week the front left blinker quit, the bulb was dark like it may have blown so I got new bulbs, driving home the front right blinker quit. Changed both bulbs, same thing, no front blinkers.
I was thinking if the flasher relay quit it killed the whole circuit (?) but I had a spare and changed it, front left still didn't work.
The high beam switch hasn't worked in a long time but could the blinker/headlight switch cause only the front blinkers to quit?Today is my only day off so I will have to go 6 days to my next day off with no front blinkers.

Quick recap for those who say I talk too much
front blinkers dont work
rear blinkers do work
blinker/running lights are the same bulb, they all light up but front don't blink
high beam doesn't work unless i wiggle the switch
superdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: turn signal problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
Its my drive to work 91 nissan beater truck not my square
Last week the front left blinker quit, the bulb was dark like it may have blown so I got new bulbs, driving home the front right blinker quit. Changed both bulbs, same thing, no front blinkers.
I was thinking if the flasher relay quit it killed the whole circuit (?) but I had a spare and changed it, front left still didn't work.
The high beam switch hasn't worked in a long time but could the blinker/headlight switch cause only the front blinkers to quit?Today is my only day off so I will have to go 6 days to my next day off with no front blinkers.

Quick recap for those who say I talk too much
front blinkers dont work
rear blinkers do work
blinker/running lights are the same bulb, they all light up but front don't blink
high beam doesn't work unless i wiggle the switch
There is a possibilty it's the switch. The fact that they light up when the parking lights are turn on would mean the ground is good. You should have fuses also for the blinker. I would start with finding them and checking those as well.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
superdav

Re: turn signal problem

Fuses are good, I checked those after the bulb was changed
Old 11-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: turn signal problem

Not to familiar with this vehicle but is there a connection under the dash that all the wires come out of the column you can undo it and check to see if it has power coming in and out. that would be my next place to start. If it does then look at the front where the light is and see if there is a connection there and check it with a test light.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
superdav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Not to familiar with this vehicle but is there a connection under the dash that all the wires come out of the column you can undo it and check to see if it has power coming in and out. that would be my next place to start. If it does then look at the front where the light is and see if there is a connection there and check it with a test light.
will look into that on my next day off
Old 11-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Dead Parrot

Another test is to turn on the emergency flasher switch. If all the bulbs flash, then the bulbs and out of cab wiring are probably good.

Check for a dead relay if you have a bank of relays. Not sure when the change to relays came in.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote