The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Thanks to PanelDeland and LuvLegs

Wanted to send out a BIG thanks to you guys for a fun weekend!!!....
Luvlegs was in search of a JY in the area and Deland suggested a JY crawl....I know of one kinda between us all so we met there last Saturday morning!!!.....We spent 4 hours there going through everything at this JY property....we learned some things we didn't know, found somethings we didn't have, and looked at somethings we wished we had....The only unfortunate issue we had, was the JY owner thought his stuff was priceless....want $600 for BBC brackets?!??!....seemed to be WAY to high...I guess we should have been warned we he said "he had a tough month", prior to us going through his property....OH well....it was great meeting up with these guys and as Luvlegs said....I've never met a board member that I didn't like!!!.....
We did mange to get back to where I am working on my truck for a little show and tell.....Luvlegs had to scram from there, BUT I want to say a REALLY big thanks to Deland for hanging with me for several more hours and helping me with installing my door lock rods and heater box on the firewall!!!

Thanks again Guys....we need to schedule another JY crawl soon!!!
Geoff

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Luvlegs

Re: Thanks to PanelDeland and LuvLegs

AAAAAMen! To add to the unfortunate part of the deal, not only to have all the big block stuff laid out, I had a couple rear wheel tubs and a big block shroud LOADED in the truck - When he said $750, I was in sticker shock.... DEFINATELY one of the more humiliating moments in my life.. taking parts back out of my truck and returning to the yard... IF I wanted them that bad, I would have paid but felt it was just tooooo unreasonable.
I learned some stuff, got to hang with G and Panel and check out G's sweet truck in progress... It was a good day for sure.

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I had a blast.geoffs truck is going to be nice.I really like the color he chose.The JY was a great place to spend a morning but not a great place to find a deal.I know we saw about 20 rides either completed or in progress and some of them were pretty rare.There were probably 30 or more 67-72 Chevy trucks and a few either side and some other rare and not so rare chevys.I had the camera in the truckk but forgot to take it with.I'll be checking out another new yard or two in the next few weeks and hopefully we can do it again.
BTW Is moral support still help? Because Geoffs truck is so nice I was afraid to help much for fear of scratching it.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Deland....moral support is DEFINITELY help, actually better than any at all....and that cool LED habor freight light you let me borrow....you will get that back!!!

thanks

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote