The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 AM   #1
67ChevNut

Question Who sells custom color matched carpet?

Just got my seat from the upholsterer, is not exactly dark saddle or a light saddle color. The rest of my interior parts are dark saddle. I don't want to have too many different brown or saddle tones in my interior. Like to know if there are any carpet vendors that can do color match carpet. I like to match it to my seat since it appears the dark saddle carpet they sell is not exactly a dark saddle color, or at least, is not a perfect match to the dark saddle parts I have.

If you have a dark saddle interior, does the carpet matches your seat or dashboard, and where did you buy it from?

Any suggestions?
Attached Images

67ChevNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
67ChevNut

Re: Who sells custom color matched carpet?

Unable to post two pics on first post, showing the rest of my interior parts
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2015, 05:08 AM   #3
HUSTLESTUFF

Look here and select the type of carpet and it will show color samples. I just got on in a graphite for my truck.

https://www.accmats.com/material-color/flooring/

My guess is loop 31 saddle
HUSTLESTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:36 AM   #4
Grumpy old man

I've built custom interiors for almost 40 years and never found anyone to make a 1 off custom carpet . from the pictures you posted your seat looks correct and your panels look like someone over time has color dyed them to match look for overspray on the back of the panels . look at redying your panels to match the seat and carpet Duplicolor and plasticoat can be bought in spray cans also the wholesale go to brand is Sem coat that can be custom color matched to anything . For a nice job check with any used car dealer and they will have their local contact for small companies that do color match seat repairs , Auto custom color is a name that comes to mind and I'm pretty sure they are a national chain . redying interior parts to match is an art and prepping( degreasing ,removing silicone ,and Armour all type dressings) the panels is the key to a good job that will last also using an adhesion promoter called Bull dog is a must . single colored complete interiors are rare most are even a shade or two different and even 3 tone /texture to give the interior depth and the sense of a "roomy interior "

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121209641402...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://theinteriorguyllc.com/2009/se...ol-color-chart

http://duplicolor.com/roadmap-experi...-your-interior

http://www.plastikote.com/products/S...nyl-Paint.html

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 12-15-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Even if the vinyl and carpet were the exact same color somehow, they won't match because one material is smooth with a low gloss in different material from the coarse texture woven carpet. Colors never matched on all materials until people started building hi-end interiors for hi-end cars where everything is dyed to match. You would have to dye the carpet. Even if the exact color is out there in carpet, these are molded to fit and I doubt any company is going to search out your exact match then run off a single custom floor cover for one customer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #6
SoCoC10

Try this web site. I had grey carpet made for my 70 Blazer years back. Hope this helps. http://www.stockinteriors.com/Carpet...&HideACC=False
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #7
Grumpy old man

Looking at my vinyl charts your seat was made with Buckskin colored vinyl . Old upholsters always sell whats in stock "we'll match it as close as possible " rather than special order cut yardage at a higher cost with shipping .
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #8
67ChevNut

Cool Re: Who sells custom color matched carpet?

Thanks for the input guys!

I guess I did this backwards, I had the seat done before getting the other interior parts. Now I somehow want to fix it by getting a same color carpet. Finding out is not that easy, the original dark saddle carpet is not really the same color as the dashpad or the door panels, etc.

I am getting a set of door panel inserts done in the same leather color used on the seat. If I can get the carpet to match one of my colors, I think the truck would look much better.

I'll follow up on all of the leads and advice you guys are giving me. I'll be requesting some carpet samples and hope I find a good match. I'll post some pics in a few weeks, or months so you guys see what it came out of it. Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:26 AM   #9
FirstOwner69

Stock Interiors sells ACC carpet and will send actual samples on request. Maybe you can get close to what you want. Here's a link.

http://stockinteriors.com/requestsam...20151216011944
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #10
67ChevNut

Smile Re: Who sells custom color matched carpet?

Thank you, I am already talking to them. They may be able to do a custom color match for me.