The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Jgowin

Re: Saginaw swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgowin View Post
Ok, got I extended the first-reverse rod as now I can select all my gears. My issue now is my clutch, when I installed the transmission I also installed the bell housing that came with it. All my clutch parts look good but my peddle is sticking up super high compared to my brake and I can't get enough clutch adjustment to get into gear, do I need swap to the old bell housing as well?
Sorry I was in a hurry when I posted this and did not review before posting.
Anyway, I'm able to select all my gears now but now my clutch is acting up. I bought my motor, bell housing, and trans as a complete unit, it was removed from a 68 c10 for a V8/auto swap. Clutch and pressure plate appeared to be in good condition. My clutch peddle sticks up very high compared to my brake peddle, I can shift into gears with the clutch pressed and the motor not running so I know it's not a binding issue with the linkages, I got the adjustment linkage maxed out, I can start the truck with it in gear but it soundings like your riding the clutch and catches very low. Do I have a linkage issue? Or could my later bell housing affecting my clutch operation?
Jgowin is offline   Reply With Quote