The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
88Stanger

Big guy after market bucket Seats

So, you might be able to tell from my heading i am not a small size guy, just healthy size. With that said, i want to find bucket seats that accommodate a bigger guy. I am looking at TMI (Expensive but really nice) and Procar (alot more affordable) and all in lowback. I have no experience with either, like the looks of TMI, hate the hellash pricetage, like the look of Procar also, better priced. My concern is the height at front edge. The procar is approx. 5.5" with 2" mount. Not that this is really bad, but again, not a small legged guy. I will have tilt steering and all, but just trying to make sure.
So any input is greatly appreciated.

The seats i would really like will be black and red or red and black.
Thanks for your time.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
88Stanger

Re: Big guy after market bucket Seats

Well Damn, was leaning hard to TMI and well just bought the bullet. Summit had the low back classics in black with red stitching for 931.00 and free shipping.... so they are on the way.... the damn mounts are out a month and half... but i can make my own if i choose. hell they are 250.00 for a set, so i may just build my own and stop that payment for those.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:40 AM   #3
350TacoZilla

Keep us posted when they come in for reference material lol. Depending on how well the fit just sitting on the floor you might be able to make mounts that lower them down a bit for more room if you feel you need it after seeing the seats. That or start with a pair of easy to find OEM junkyard mounts and then build off them to fit new seats, I have done this in the past for a easier solution to getting adjustable seat mounts without spending $$$. Something super common like accord front seat rails.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #4
kens65fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
So, you might be able to tell from my heading i am not a small size guy, just healthy size. With that said, i want to find bucket seats that accommodate a bigger guy. I am looking at TMI (Expensive but really nice) and Procar (alot more affordable) and all in lowback. I have no experience with either, like the looks of TMI, hate the hellash pricetage, like the look of Procar also, better priced. My concern is the height at front edge. The procar is approx. 5.5" with 2" mount. Not that this is really bad, but again, not a small legged guy. I will have tilt steering and all, but just trying to make sure.
So any input is greatly appreciated.

The seats i would really like will be black and red or red and black.
Thanks for your time.

I bought a set of TMI seats last year.

I haven't installed them yet, but the frame they sell, uses the original 4 mounting points, for a secure install.

Their door panels, are made of molded fiberglass, covered in padded vinyl, I bought a set of them as well.

The quality, fit and finish of the seats, console, and door panels, is fantastic.

So you like red & black, here is the set I bought.
Attached Images

kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
gulfcoast66
64-66 CHEVY JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb View Post

I haven't installed them yet, but the frame they sell, uses the original 4 mounting points, for a secure install.

Their door panels, are made of molded fiberglass, covered in padded vinyl, I bought a set of them as well.

The quality, fit and finish of the seats, console, and door panels, is fantastic.

Ken65fb those are Nice..
2017 GMC Serra 4x4 5.3 Vortec, 4l60-E
Do It In A Chevrolet
gulfcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb View Post

Oh i know about your seats, i have seen your post on them before, i drooled all over my screen over them, but DAMN they are expensive! Not sure what you paid, but just looking at yours and doing the same basic setup on TMI site, 1.6 to 1.8k for the set with mounts! I just cannot do that. So i got these for just over 1/2 that cost. Still have red stitching... but still not as bad arse as yours.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
SCOTI

Quote:
Well Damn, was leaning hard to TMI and well just bought the bullet. Summit had the low back classics in black with red stitching for 931.00 and free shipping.... so they are on the way.... the damn mounts are out a month and half... but i can make my own if i choose. hell they are 250.00 for a set, so i may just build my own and stop that payment for those.
Build your own. As mentioned, utilize the original bench seat mounting locations for the 4 fasteners to anchor the 'frame'. Basically, build your own buddy-buckets set-up. You'll be able to set the height to your personal needs.

The one thing I disliked about the TMI seats is the depth. You might find that is a downside given your 'big guy' stature. I have my original buddy buckets as far back as they can go & @ ~6'/200# I feel crowded. The TMI seats I've checked out seemed thicker @ the upright portion but I never was able to confirm dimensions to compare w/some original truck buckets.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #8
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Build your own. As mentioned, utilize the original bench seat mounting locations for the 4 fasteners to anchor the 'frame'. Basically, build your own buddy-buckets set-up. You'll be able to set the height to your personal needs.

The one thing I disliked about the TMI seats is the depth. You might find that is a downside given your 'big guy' stature. I have my original buddy buckets as far back as they can go & @ ~6'/200# I feel crowded. The TMI seats I've checked out seemed thicker @ the upright portion but I never was able to confirm dimensions to compare w/some original truck buckets.
I was wondering about that. Well they are to be here Monday, so I will get any measurements you may want, just let me know.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
The Rocknrod

The seats in my 09 Silverado will fit also.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #10
kens65fb

Quote:
I was wondering about that. Well they are to be here Monday, so I will get any measurements you may want, just let me know.
Here are the dimensions of the seats
Attached Images

kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote