The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
copywritten
CopyWritten

gmachinz

Does anyone know how to get in touch with user gmachinz? He built me some harnesses a while back and I need another one. It looks like he hasnt been on here in a long time.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
SunSoaked

Re: gmachinz

That's cause he was BANNED! You might have been one of the few who got what they paid for. Lightning rarely strikes twice.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
copywritten
CopyWritten

Oh dam, I bought lots of stuff from him. It was always received on time and very good quality. Anyone on here build harness anymore?
Old 12-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #4
Greenlee

I bought an express down window wire harness from him years ago. Arrived quickly. It is very high quality and works great. Not sure what happened later on for him to get banned.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:08 PM   #5
kipps

He's still advertising and selling on the LS swapped squarebody trucks group on Facebook. His name is Jabin Wood, if I remember correctly.

He's poor about communicating and can be very slow to move product out the door, but it seems most folks are getting what they asked for.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by copywritten View Post
Oh dam, I bought lots of stuff from him. It was always received on time and very good quality. Anyone on here build harness anymore?
I have never had issues with Jabin either. I have him as a friend on FB.
He’s on several groups for Squarebody’s on Facebook. His name is Jabin Wood.
https://www.facebook.com/Harnessworx
Old 12-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

I am glad this is current. I am looking to get a Dual tank LS swap harness & was hoping he could build it - due that I don't know anyone else to do it. Thoughts on if people on here still trust him??
Old 12-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #8
copywritten
CopyWritten

I have purchased a lot of things from him. He may be slow but his quality of work is unreal. I did find him on facebook and ordered a rear harness for my k5 blazer and he is adding both style trailer hook ups to it! He said he is about 3 weeks out
Old 12-02-2020, 02:14 PM   #9
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
I am glad this is current. I am looking to get a Dual tank LS swap harness & was hoping he could build it - due that I don't know anyone else to do it. Thoughts on if people on here still trust him??
I trust him, and would buy from him again, in a heartbeat. One of the biggest $$$ items I bought from him, was my NOS hood. And he met me partway. Both us of drove 6 hrs one way to meet. He did not have to do that.
People need to understand that building harness’ is a very time consuming venture. And it’s just him. I know first hand of time consuming work. The only thing he does differently, that I don’t do, is expect payment up front. And I always have my customer use the paying for products via PayPal. NOT Friends & Family. That way if something does go south, then both parties are protected. Now if I’m building something specific, such as a seat, then I do ask for a deposit, and then the rest is due when the item is finished. I think maybe that’s what he should do versus expect payment up front. Now maybe he has changed this lately, not sure.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #10
beasst

On another site he was asking for the "friends and family" payment. Promising product in 2 to 3 weeks then 6 to 8 weeks later no product and no communication. The staff had to get involved. He has been banned from multiple sites for the same thing. I am guessing that is probably why he was banned here.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #11
Mathew21

The harness I purchased from him was excellent craftsmanship. When I inquired about the harnesses I wanted he said he had 5 of them done and ready to go. I sent him a Paypal payment that same day. He then ghosted me for the 2 months. I did finally receive my harness but it was only after I opened a Paypal case against him. I wish my transaction would've been better because after seeing his work I would've definitely ordered from him again. I cringe every time I see him post harnesses on Facebook for sale.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #12
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew21 View Post
The harness I purchased from him was excellent craftsmanship. When I inquired about the harnesses I wanted he said he had 5 of them done and ready to go. I sent him a Paypal payment that same day. He then ghosted me for the 2 months. I did finally receive my harness but it was only after I opened a Paypal case against him. I wish my transaction would've been better because after seeing his work I would've definitely ordered from him again. I cringe every time I see him post harnesses on Facebook for sale.
I think the problem is, he’s doing more than 1 man can handle. And maybe not very organized. I know it can be overwhelming when you have a bunch of orders and people are constantly asking question, and a lot of those don’t even pan out. But customer service should always be #1, that’s something you need to stay on top of. Even if it means telling them something they don’t want to hear. But honesty is always the best policy. So if he knows something is going to take several months, he needs to tell them that. Not say a couple of weeks, because when that couple of weeks, come and goes, that’s when people get upset.
I’m just glad he didn’t tell me he was going to meet me for that hood, and not be there. I’d been livid!
Old 12-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #13
Mathew21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I think the problem is, he’s doing more than 1 man can handle. And maybe not very organized. I know it can be overwhelming when you have a bunch of orders and people are constantly asking question, and a lot of those don’t even pan out. But customer service should always be #1, that’s something you need to stay on top of. Even if it means telling them something they don’t want to hear. But honesty is always the best policy. So if he knows something is going to take several months, he needs to tell them that. Not say a couple of weeks, because when that couple of weeks, come and goes, that’s when people get upset.
I agree and understand what your are saying Tina. I sell a lot online. Between working 60 plus hours a week at work and some weeks shipping up to 30 boxes it becomes overwhelming. But he specifically told me he had 5 harnesses ready to go. (I only wanted one) he would ship it within 24 hours after receiving my payment. It took 10 weeks for me to receive it. If you google his screen name there's all kinds of negative comments about him everywhere. Like I said it's a shame he does great work.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #14
69Tom

I have known several people over the years who are really good mechanics, builders, etc. However, most of them are TERRIBLE businessmen. It's tough to find a good combo of someone who is great at performing the task they're selling and also on top of the business end of actually selling, responding to emails and the customer in general.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #15
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew21 View Post
I agree and understand what your are saying Tina. I sell a lot online. Between working 60 plus hours a week at work and some weeks shipping up to 30 boxes it becomes overwhelming. But he specifically told me he had 5 harnesses ready to go. (I only wanted one) he would ship it within 24 hours after receiving my payment. It took 10 weeks for me to receive it. If you google his screen name there's all kinds of negative comments about him everywhere. Like I said it's a shame he does great work.
Oh I agree, that’s what I was saying. He shouldn’t tell people something and do the opposite. If he wasn’t going to ship it, he shouldn’t have told you he was. Not very good business practices.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:20 PM   #16
texxxan

I would avoid him. I bought a dual tank harness and he never sent it to me. I paid him with pay pal using the friends and family. Big mistake. I tried to file a claim with PayPal and they would do nothing because I paid him with friends and family. He took that as if he won and owed me nothing. The only reason I finally did receive my money back was because I filed a claim with my bank, Capital One. My bank temporarily refunded my money and contacted him with the information I gave them. He then quickly refunded me and tried telling me it was a misunderstanding. It wasn’t a misunderstanding. I had all the messages saved between us. It was clear what he was trying to do. He just quit responding when he received the money. If anyone decides to pay him, don’t pay with the friends and family option. I have heard nothing but great things about his work though. Too bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2020, 11:33 PM   #17
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
I would avoid him. I bought a dual tank harness and he never sent it to me. I paid him with pay pal using the friends and family. Big mistake. I tried to file a claim with PayPal and they would do nothing because I paid him with friends and family. He took that as if he won and owed me nothing. The only reason I finally did receive my money back was because I filed a claim with my bank, Capital One. My bank temporarily refunded my money and contacted him with the information I gave them. He then quickly refunded me and tried telling me it was a misunderstanding. It wasn’t a misunderstanding. I had all the messages saved between us. It was clear what he was trying to do. He just quit responding when he received the money. If anyone decides to pay him, don’t pay with the friends and family option. I have heard nothing but great things about his work though. Too bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
I remember This.
I am So Glad to hear a Positive , Result for you

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Old 12-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #18
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
I remember This.
I am So Glad to hear a Positive , Result for you

Since this happened, I’ve researched him and it has been 50/50 with good and bad results and no one losing their money. I have heard that his work is awesome. Some people may have been sent the wrong parts ordered and no further contact. Too bad he can’t get it together. He would probably be way more successful, especially with the great work that he does.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #19
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

this thread has run its course. GMachinz is no longer a member here and is not selling here

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Closed Thread