The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #76
LS short box

Re: Covid

I wear a mask when I go in some place. My mom is 83 and my mother in law is 89. I was exposed to one of my hunting buddies that had the china virus. He had minor affects.
All the contact I had with him was outside. I was tested and I it was negative thank goodness.
I am getting a bit of cabin fever. My wife and I like to go have breakfast a couple of times a week. But in MN all resturants are closed except for take out. Along with all bars.
My question is when is China going to start paying back the world for all the BS they started and then lied about it?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #77
crossfire84

I have never used a mask and will continue to do so. I'm 60 and don't fear this, I've been tested and always come back clean, am I a jerk? Some tell me I am in public but I say if your that terrified than maybe you should be at home and not standing in line at the pizza parlor. Wearing a mask has proven to weaken your immune system. I will not get the vaccine never had one never will, keep yourself healthy and this will pass. Most of Europe has sent there kid's back to school and they do not wear a mask, they are getting back to there life as normal. I believe the British ministry of science several months ago said masks don't help because the virus is so small it passes through like there's nothing there. They said it's like putting a chain link fence around your home to keep out mosquitos. So all this means to each his own. I do not look down on anyone who wears a mask or not, what I do find offensive are the jerks who get in my face literally inches from me to tell me I'm bad! 99% of the time I ignore them but now there getting very aggressive as this lingers on. Rant over.
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
Old 12-06-2020, 06:38 PM   #78
68bowtie

Covid is certainly no joke. I keep complaining about no info, so I figured I'd provide a couple references (direct from U.S. and CA sources). Sorry to dog pile, but I feel like this is important.

It seems that there are some hopeful signs that we may be getting a better handle on managing the virus. A few graphics (focusing on fatalities, which in my opinion is the most useful metric to follow)...

Graphic 1: U.S. covid deaths per week. Shows a possible slowing death rate for each surge. This should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's a large country, and lumps everyone together.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/

Name:  CDC.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  37.6 KB

Graphic 2: California deaths by county, showing the Los Angeles area has over half of the deaths (it's a very large and diverse state). Hence why my focus on L.A. County in the next graphic.

Name:  CA Deaths around L.A..jpg
Views: 217
Size:  37.9 KB

Graphic 3: L.A. County case and death charts. The most recent few weeks is questionable since surges in deaths are delayed behind surges in cases... BUT, if you look at the daily rates in May vs July vs Nov, there is a definite trend downward [relatively speaking] of deaths compared to the number of cases. In other words, for a given number of new cases, the death rate seems to be declining. Possibly due to treatments getting better.

Name:  LA County Deaths per Case Rate Dropping..jpg
Views: 219
Size:  56.8 KB

Graphic 4: L.A. County population is over 10mil. 7,900 is a lot of people that have lost their lives (very sad, not intending to minimize this). That's around 0.00079 of the population.

Name:  LA County Pop.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  11.9 KB

Graphic 5: According to the CDC, 94% of covid deaths had other co-morbidities listed, and of those, the average comorbidity was 2.6. If you dig into the CDC data, 92% of U.S. covid deaths have been people over 55 years old. I just feel like this is important for folks to know in determining personal risk. If you're very old with certain conditions, your risk could be very high. If you are very old but very healthy, your risk may actually be very low.

Name:  Comorbidities.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  18.1 KB

Judge for yourself though, this is just my interpretation of the data... I've always felt like we should focus on protecting the vulnerable, but letting the rest go on with life, and I think the "science" supports this.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
Old 12-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #79
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
Covid is certainly no joke. I keep complaining about no info, so I figured I'd provide a couple references (direct from U.S. and CA sources). Sorry to dog pile, but I feel like this is important.

It seems that there are some hopeful signs that we may be getting a better handle on managing the virus. A few graphics (focusing on fatalities, which in my opinion is the most useful metric to follow)...

Graphic 1: U.S. covid deaths per week. Shows a possible slowing death rate for each surge. This should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's a large country, and lumps everyone together.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/

Attachment 2065411

Graphic 2: California deaths by county, showing the Los Angeles area has over half of the deaths (it's a very large and diverse state). Hence why my focus on L.A. County in the next graphic.

Attachment 2065412

Graphic 3: L.A. County case and death charts. The most recent few weeks is questionable since surges in deaths are delayed behind surges in cases... BUT, if you look at the daily rates in May vs July vs Nov, there is a definite trend downward [relatively speaking] of deaths compared to the number of cases. In other words, for a given number of new cases, the death rate seems to be declining. Possibly due to treatments getting better.

Attachment 2065413

Graphic 4: L.A. County population is over 10mil. 7,900 is a lot of people that have lost their lives (very sad, not intending to minimize this). That's around 0.00079 of the population.

Attachment 2065414

Graphic 5: According to the CDC, 94% of covid deaths had other co-morbidities listed, and of those, the average comorbidity was 2.6. If you dig into the CDC data, 92% of U.S. covid deaths have been people over 55 years old. I just feel like this is important for folks to know in determining personal risk. If you're very old with certain conditions, your risk could be very high. If you are very old but very healthy, your risk may actually be very low.

Attachment 2065435

Judge for yourself though, this is just my interpretation of the data... I've always felt like we should focus on protecting the vulnerable, but letting the rest go on with life, and I think the "science" supports this.
Thanks for the research, due to all the cancer treatments in I've had in the last few years. I'm cautious and wear a mask when I'm out. I appreciate everyone else that do too. Enough said and going back to my corner.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-06-2020, 09:23 PM   #80
72 tigger

I had it three weeks ago and have fully recovered. I was tired for a week but otherwise it wasn’t that bad. My dad (84) and mom (78) both got it and are doing pretty well, still fighting fatigue.
Kirk
Old 12-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #81
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Thanks for the research, due to all the cancer treatments in I've had in the last few years. I'm cautious and wear a mask when I'm out. I appreciate everyone else that do too. Enough said and going back to my corner.
Right there with ya Dale, no cancer here just RA which has suppressed my immune system for the past 11 years.

Headed for my own corner now....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 12-06-2020, 10:58 PM   #82
Boog
laying low

I have been to Walmart only 3 or 4 times since all this broke out and on one of my visits they had put down some signs on the floor directing shoppers to go one direction though not all isles had them yet. Anyway I had my mask on and made a turn down an isle not noticing a sign and was approaching a younger man without a mask. As we passed in the isle he mouthed something about going the wrong direction and can't you read, while not looking directly at me. At first I paid him no attention then it dawned on me just what he said so I quickly turned around to say "and just where is YOUR mask" but the SB had already turned the corner. Then I looked at the floor and sure enough there was no sign on the floor. That smart azz.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross

Last edited by Boog; 12-07-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:58 AM   #83
special-K
Special Order

I'll ask one thing. How is NOT wearing a mask helping?

Ok, another. How is your noncompliance helping my liberty? It's liberty and justice for all, right?

And it's not only about protecting your loved ones. It's about protecting any fellow citizen you come near when you are out in public

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-07-2020, 07:11 AM   #84
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire84 View Post
I have never used a mask and will continue to do so. I'm 60 and don't fear this, I've been tested and always come back clean, am I a jerk? Some tell me I am in public but I say if your that terrified than maybe you should be at home and not standing in line at the pizza parlor. Wearing a mask has proven to weaken your immune system. I will not get the vaccine never had one never will, keep yourself healthy and this will pass. Most of Europe has sent there kid's back to school and they do not wear a mask, they are getting back to there life as normal. I believe the British ministry of science several months ago said masks don't help because the virus is so small it passes through like there's nothing there. They said it's like putting a chain link fence around your home to keep out mosquitos. So all this means to each his own. I do not look down on anyone who wears a mask or not, what I do find offensive are the jerks who get in my face literally inches from me to tell me I'm bad! 99% of the time I ignore them but now there getting very aggressive as this lingers on. Rant over.
Put a mask on and sneeze. Then tell me the mask didn't stop anything.

The other countries are doing better because they did better at complying with the restrictions to subdue the spread. They are our example of where we should be.

Masks weaken your immune system?

How can someone intent on not losing their liberty tell other people they should stay home? Whenever the topic of liberty comes up, remember it's "our" liberty, not "yours".

I am not living in fear. Fear and concern are not one in the same. Fear for oneself vs concern for all are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm not at the selfish end.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #85
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Right there with ya Dale, no cancer here just RA which has suppressed my immune system for the past 11 years.

Headed for my own corner now....
Your corner is 6ft from mine? Right?

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #86
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #87
1976gmc20

I heard a joke about Covid today

But I didn't get it ....????
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #88
Rich84

This thread and this virus is exhausting. Let's hope & pray that we can all recover from the collateral damage created.
My son works security in a hospital. I am tired of treating him like he has the plague.
Closed Thread