The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
litebulblsc

Re: Repop Blazer Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I used Goodmark truck doors and my body/paint guy cut the window frames just as the factory did. The doors actually fit pretty well out of the box. He massaged them some because he is a perfectionist, but a lot less work than fixing the bottoms of the doors that were on it. Some things to remember - door reinforcement plates need to be removed and installed on new doors. My doors did not have the weldnuts on them for installing the door panel upper trim and the bottom of the panels. I used nutserts as I didn't notice until final assembly. Perhaps some come with them already welded on the inner shell? Also my doors came with the screw hole near the vent window which came about in '72 I believe. Some questions you might ask no matter where you source them.
You received 72 doors. 72 door panels use push pins/ christmas trees, so the holes are not threaded.
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
rsavage

Re: Repop Blazer Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulblsc View Post
You received 72 doors. 72 door panels use push pins/ christmas trees, so the holes are not threaded.
Undoubtedly. I bought them from a guy who had just bought them and who needed the money. They were new, unblemished, and hefty. I got them at a savings and no shipping. I didn't mind the vent screw as it helps holds the inner and outer panels together. However, I never even thought about the weld nuts until assembly. Can't find a photo of the 69-71 Blazer door on their site to see if the weld nuts are there. I imagine they are as there is a different part number.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote