The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2004, 11:05 PM   #26
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Everyone STFU till tony himself can actually reply, before I have to close this thread that is turning into a pissing match name calling festival. As I see it, a job was promised, and not delivered as promised.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #27
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cag17
No, I am not kin to him in any way.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally posted by cag17
I am truly sorry that you are not happy with you truck but you would let Tony fix the rockers correctly becuase it was more money.
It doesn't sound like it, but thanks for the sentiment nonetheless. As for your rocker statement, 1) I certainly didn't prohibit Tony from doing anything properly (what on earth would be my motivation for doing so?), and 2) that still doesn't address ANY of my stated issues with the quality of his work (go back and read the review. I didn't mention the rockers a single time).

{Edit} -- and per Josh's post above ( 02-16-2004 02:05 AM), done.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #28
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

Arrow

I think Tony should use your computer (cag17) if his is broke. Then he can defend himself. In Tony's defense, was the color mixed at a paint supplier?. If it was, I blame the guy at the counter. In XXl's defense, I can clearly see orange peel on the roof. A true professional will wetsand and buff EVERY paint job. This was not done. The roof seam sealer looks bad as stated. I wouldn't be blaming the delivery guy either. Hope this gets resolved somehow. Hate to see disputes like this on the board!
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:13 PM   #29
cag17

I not arguing any more this is useless. Yes, the paint was mixed by a paint shop so that isn't Tony's fault.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #30
cag17

I am sorry to all that have read that and have been offened. Josh, I am done with this. Tony can handle it the rest of the way.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #31
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally posted by MHC

not to be rude , but are you his lawyer or his wife ? IMO there are two sides to the story and Tony has his chance to explain... but how is calling people names helping anything at all?
I don't think that it is his wife. Maybe just friends from High School English class?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:22 AM   #32
ucmydust68
fuel

well i would just like to throw somewhat of a "professional" opinion out there. i have a masters degree from mcpherson college, it is a private college that is operated by Jay Leno that deals in all areas of automotive restoration. i have been out in the field for a year now. i do street rods and factory restorations for a private collector, we have many street rod national winning cars and a few goodguys rods. as for the cab, the prices seem fair, remember this is hard work. but the work has to equal the price. from what i can see it does not in any way equal the price. i know that when something comes into a shop and has already had work done to it, it is usually a mess. but, he, being tony, had the cab for long enough to chop it three hundred times and to figure out forty different shades of blue, there is no reason that it shouldnt look like a show piece. my advice, when you move to your new location, you drop by kansas city and see slammed67 and i and i can take you guys through my shop, maybe i can help you out some on your cab. and we can do it on the weekends it will be a learning experience for you! as for tony, you might do great work, infact im sure you are capable of doing great work but, all of your work needs to be great, the customer is always right. fix it or give the money back. ohh i forgot your computer is down, isnt that one of the problems you had while defending yourself before???
have a great one guys
t56
air ride
18/20's
ucmydust68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:21 AM   #33
Mudder

I have a very good bodyman. He has done things to my truck several times and if it doesn't look like he wants it to look like when it leaves, Calvin does it over at his costs. Calvin feels it reflects on his reputation if something crappy gets out. It does!

XXL I have been in the same situation that you are in but not nearly as bad. Hope it works out for you.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #34
cdowns

well from the pictures it sure does look pretty crappy, but knowing what they charge for first class bodywork in the northeast i think you were expecting to get a 12thousand dollar custom job for 4thousand dollars, sort of goes back to the old you get what you pay for deal.
the urban myth of postal money orders being some type of buyer protection plan is FICTION !! you might check with his state and or county government to see if he has the proper permits to do this type of work and maybe you could file a complaint thru them but you'd have to have the cab available for them to inspect it, and truthfully i doubt that you'd find them that sympathatic to a yankee vs a local
pretty much i'd say you'd been screwed and as frustrating as it is you'd be better off writting it off to a bad deal and take what you have and going foreward
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #35
Orence1

Two perspectives on this:
Having done custom bodywork for over 30 years, I have learned a few things. First, most of this work cannot be estimated using a book. You do your best to quote a fair price based on how many hours necessary. If it takes more time then you eat those hours. If you want to avoid that problem, tell the customer that you will charge by the hour until the job is done. If he/she is unwilling to accept that arrangement, suggest another customizer. Secondly, I am responsible for what leaves my shop. If the color is incorrect due to the paint jobber, it is still my responsibility. I accepted your money for the color you ordered. (That is why good custom shops mix their own paint and spend time with a test patch matching color before applying anything to the car). In the end, the only way I can stay in business is to produce work that keeps the customer happy. That leads to my second perspective. If I was the owner of a 67-72 truck with money to spend on paint and body work, at this point the last place I would consider would be Pardue's Customs. I am assuming that there are other alternatives in the area so my work would go to somebody else. Tony, my advice to you at this point would be to do everything and anything you can to make this right. When the work stops coming in, you will wish you had. If XXL has reported this story accurately, you made an agreement, accepted his money and need to produce work that is acceptable. If XXL is in error, respond with your side of the story. If you feel the work is acceptable, ask another customizer to look at the cab and confirm that the customer got what he paid for.
Orence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:12 PM   #36
68LSS1

I hope Tony and XXL can work this out. If not I hope the truth eliminates the other from the board. Having not heard Tony's side it's hard to be fair. But by looking at the pictures I don't honestly know what he can say. With that said, Ed at MOTHERTRUCKERS is currently in work on a cab for me. He's giving me a quote which includes dipping the cab, replacing any bad sheet metal, shaving the drip rail, filling the filler neck hole, shaving the pinch weld on the firewall, welding up heater core area on the firewall etc. I feel that his quote is very reasonable and I'd rather pay the money than screwing up my cab due to my experience. Knowing what I'm being charged and with the addition of the suicide doors that XXL got I think that what Tony charged isn't unreasonable. If he underbid, that is his fault. I would assume he's done a lot of '67-72 work so he shouldn't off had any surprises along the way. I'm a supervisor for a FBO (we work on aircraft). We have lost $10,000 on a single squawk because it was not bid correctly. A squawk is a item that needs corrected. It could be found by the pilot or by mechanics. Sometimes it's possible to have a 100 squawks or more found during an inspection.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:22 PM   #37
meathead95
computer illiterate

No, I am not kin to him in any way. I am an bistandard that had a few opions that I felt needed expressing.

arent you his brother in-law?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:32 PM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally posted by cdowns
you might check with his state and or county government to see if he has the proper permits to do this type of work and maybe you could file a complaint thru them but you'd have to have the cab available for them to inspect it, and truthfully i doubt that you'd find them that sympathatic to a yankee vs a local
The sad thing in NC is , in most counties as long as you are not within "city limits" they dont give a damn what you do. You can do anything you want , own a junk yard, mechanics, body work whatever you want. A few counties do require permits for things, but even so most do not enforce it. As for the yankee part, he has enough board members local here that would be right there with him if it came down to it. Being a transplanted yankee (damn yankee) I have gone head to head in court here with one of the old blood locals , and won. ****ty work is ****ty work IMO and I doubt he would have a leg to stand on anywhere.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #39
Pardue'sCustoms
Account Suspended

i made my reply to the orig. post
Pardue'sCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #40
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

And I still say that there is no way that $500.00 worth of painting supplies was used on that cab.
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #41
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pardue'sCustoms
i made my reply to the orig. post
Wasn't worth repeating, was it.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:27 PM   #42
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Quote:
Originally posted by 67Fleetsidedream
And I still say that there is no way that $500.00 worth of painting supplies was used on that cab.
I dunno, bondo gets expensive when you have to use a 55 gallon drum of it...
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:31 PM   #43
sider68

Quote:
Originally posted by krue
Wasn't worth repeating, was it.
Where is his reply?
sider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #44
krue
Designated A-hole!

It's on the Review board.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #45
TEXAS 68
Vortec in the works

I really hate to see problems like that out there because it gets to a he said this and didn't pay that, hope it works out for both parties. That's why I try to do all the work myself so there is only one person at fault, ME

68 Project

68 SWB frame off/98 Vortec with stock FI/power everything.
95 ECLB 2500 with 346,000 on the clock(the original HD)
99 Lesabre-wifes ride
08 Crew Cab LTZ-All Mine
89 SWB 5/7 drop-Son's first ride.
TEXAS 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:44 PM   #46
rolson1039

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh

I dunno, bondo gets expensive when you have to use a 55 gallon drum of it...
ROFL stop i was drinking when i read that!!!!
rolson1039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 PM   #47
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

rolson1039 I am pretty sure that mac67 is the member with the remove all doubt quote good word's to live by..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:20 AM   #48
Hooter
My other Love

Ya there is nothing worse then bad body work, so far I have only been happy with the body on my 69 because I did it myself. My beemer was sand blasted they blasted the car with the whole interior still in place with out blocking any holes. The quarters were full of sand, holding moisture
  • 77 fully loaded silverado (back in the backyard for a little while longer)
  • 1980 BMW 320i (back in the garage finally)
  • 1981 f@*d f150 4x4 (Robert red ford) tried to kill me
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike
Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com AC/DC RULES!!!
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #49
Hooter
My other Love

Ya there is nothing worse then bad body work, so far I have only been happy with the body on my 69 because I did it myself. My beemer was sand blasted they blasted the car with the whole interior still in place with out blocking any holes. The quarters were full of sand, holding moisture. Inproperly sanded areas, runs, the sunroof leaks terribly, doors on crooked, broken hazard light switch.

My ford, they just glued the patch panels over the old rust without cleaning it up, so now rust is poking though everywhere, very bad in two places, the truck needs to be completley re done.

Cant people just not cut corners and do it properly in the first place, is it that hard?
  • 77 fully loaded silverado (back in the backyard for a little while longer)
  • 1980 BMW 320i (back in the garage finally)
  • 1981 f@*d f150 4x4 (Robert red ford) tried to kill me
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike
Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com AC/DC RULES!!!
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:50 AM   #50
COBALT

I'll just say what I said in the original thread:

Doesn't anyone think it's strange that with all of the problems people on this board have had with Tony (him being banned for one), that Kenneth (XXL) would choose to strike a deal with someone who hasn't shown any professionalism or indication that he'll actually do what he promises whatsoever?

Without references, or a way to qualify his work I wouldn't pick him to do body work for me period. The information on his site is enough to make me doubt. There isn't anything there that says specifically what work he's done for these projects. I see a lot of repeating pictures. Buyer beware...

Bottom line this whole situation stinks on both sides:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...732#post727732
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote