The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
ThreeQuarter

bad experience with fellow board member

OK, I've been holding back for awhile, but I think this belongs here. When people have good or bad experiences with other people (especially ones that other board members might later have dealings with), we feel obligated to let each other know. We don't hesitate to slam guys in Nebraska who have never posted here, or big companies like LMC or Reese Hitches. Sure, that's easy.

But I'm going to stick my neck out here. I've been reluctant to say anything because I decided to be a "nice guy" and let this one slide. I didn't want to raise a big ruckus over this deal, I'd rather just keep enjoying the board and keep it on the down-low (which is what I've been doing). I didn't have enough reasons to drag the board through this; it was just between me & him, thought. But I think differently now. People who might deal with this guy in the future need to know his track record. And if I don't speak up then shame on me.

I know that some members can't seem to stomach the idea that seemingly nice fellow members might be neglectfully screwing over other people, and they'll probably come to his support in complete denial about what has gone on. I have seen it more than once. I'm not doing this to be mean, just to tell it like it is.

I'm gonna state the facts here, so don't whine to me about how hard I'm being on this guy, because I think everyone should know this stuff. I'll tell the story and you be the judge. Last summer fast68chevy (Randy) was in the process of buying a panel truck from another board member and we made arrangements for me to pick it up and haul it to Illinois from Texas. We had to move the date back a couple of times to give Randy enough time to pay it off. We were in almost daily contact about the upcoming trip. We had set the date a third time. On the day that I was leaving to pick up the panel en route to Illinios, I shot Randy one last email to make sure everything was "go." It was then that he told me that the owner probably wouldn't release the panel because it wasn't paid for yet. Randy had neglected to tell me that he still hadn't paid for the panel. Now, I understand the part about not having the money, but isn't that something I should've been told? I took two days off work for this trip and wanted to do it because: 1) I wanted to help out a fellow boad member, and 2) it would be good to get out of town for the weekend. I wasn't even going to break even for the trip; the money Randy was going to give me would only cover gas & food on the way up, and one night's stay at $20 motel. Wasn't I being nice? It really steamed me that I would've driven three hours to the panel and found this out if I hadn't sat down for one last email. The place where I rented the trailer was kind enough to refund my deposit after I explained the story. Randy knew exactly what was going on and was going to leave me holding the bag.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not calling for a lynching or anything like that. I'm not asking us all to unite and rally against the evil fast68chevy. Randy has as much right to be here as I do. I'm not asking for your vote as the most popular board member and for everyone to ignore fast because he hurt my feelings. I posted here because I think it's appropriate.
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Here is my experience with the same board member, but once I made this public he accuses me of being "pissy" about the entire thing and drug my name through the mud every chance he got.

I will very briefly describe for the rest of the board so both sides of the story will be known. Up until this point I have not posted this publicly out of respect for the other parties invovled, but enough is enough.

Fast68Chevy advertised something for sale (a pair of rust-free, dent-free doors) I offered to either buy him a new digital camera (his idea, not mine), and have it shipped to his door as a trade, or buy the doors outright and pay the shipping. Once he realizes that I am serious about the doors, he then makes excuses why he cant sell or ship them. He said that the doors were already spoken for by another member....so why were they posted for sale??? He knew I was needing these doors and for over a week lead me on to believe that they were mine if I wanted them.

Oh well, I was warned by other members of how he sometimes conducts business, (promising parts to someone, but then either scrapping them or selling them to someone else) but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and try to help him out with some cash for school. I really needed those doors and I am all for helping someone out, especially when they are going to use the help to better themselves. Sure, I can find some doors here locally and not have to worry about paying alot of shipping, but I thought I could help two different folks out -I needed the doors and he needed the cash. I did not lose any money on the deal, so its not a big deal there..but feel that this is not the correct way to conduct business. Its the principle of the entire thing....and the fact that I have been accused publicly of doing something WRONG. So much for trying to be a Good Samaritan.

Sorry to be so blunt, but i call it like I see it. I am not calling for a "I hate Randy" follow-up either, just wanted others to know how business is sometimes conducted.

Last edited by Shane; 06-22-2002 at 11:58 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:50 AM   #3
Blue_71
Bloo

ive had a few bad deals with him, but ive never been out money on any of them so i just forgot about them and said its in the past oh well... but anyways

#1- 292 from a dump truck, dont remember excact details, just that he sold it to someone else

#2- 86 350, said was sold to someoen else and then used in his 71

#3- 86 3/4 ton suspinsion, promised then sold to someone else

#4- set of rust free doors with one dent and 6x9 speaker holes, sold to other board member

maybe mor enot sure, but thats what i can remember... but ive never lost any money over any of it so just kinda shrugged it off
1971 Chevy Custom/10 (first truck) 350, NV3500 5 speed
1971 Chevy K20 Custom Camper 4x4 350 TBI, SM465/NP205
1974 Chevy Custom Deluxe/10
1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe K10 farm truck beater
1989 Chevy K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson, Cause I'm a country boy
35s whinin on the asphalt, grabbin mud, throwin up some red dirt
R.I.P. Michael Stilts... I will always love and miss you brother! (9-12-80, murdered 4-9-05)
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:16 PM   #4
crews
It just doesn't matter

THIS IS ALL OLD NEWS......
And there really isn't any point to it except to start a lynching for Randy...

Are any of you out ANYTHING?

Did you spend money for something and NOT get it??

I posted under Randys post "Happy Truckin"......

this is actually pathetic.....

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:47 PM   #5
ThreeQuarter

Yeah, you're right. It took no preparation to plan a trip to IL and I had no time invested in it. It's very common for me to plan a multi-state drive two months ahead of time and coordinate a parts/vehicle swap between four people. I almost always decide to just call off a trip like that five minutes before I walk out the door and expect everyone else involved to think I'm still a swell guy.

I took two days days off work. Narrowly missed spending money on a trailer rental and a 3-hour trip to Dallas (and a disappointing 3 hr. drive back). I learned that I can't depend on Randy's word and that's something people should know. Carefully read my email again before you accuse me of starting a lynching. Old news is relevant when it comes to character.

You can't tell me that if a customer pulled that crap on you that you'd be OK with it.
Old 07-07-2002, 07:18 PM   #6
ThreeQuarter

OIC, I just read the "Happy Truckin" post now. This is not new. Randy has "threatened" to leave many times and has even taken at least one permanent hiatus that lasted in the neighborhood of a couple weeks. Once was over someone's remarks about his girlfriend. I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no need for Randy to leave. Since I started this thread we have participated in the same thread and there have been no problems.

Should I retract what I said? I can't--they're all facts, no accusations or opinions or colorful interpretations. I would want to know if someone did that to you and I was about to do some dealings with that guy. If you don't think it's a big deal then feel free to say that I'm a whiner and no one cares. I'll be OK. My self esteem doesn't revolve around the board.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
crews
It just doesn't matter

gmcblu- I am not defending Randys "timing" or his lack of common sense when it comes to planning multi state trips...I have been there with him too many times...what I am saying is that the timing of your complaint seems a little odd. If I had a particularly bad experience with someone, I would like to think I would express it in a little more timely fashion. I am not about starting a whining thread or participating in it. I am just saying that all things considered, this seems a little too little too late.

I also understand the character comment...but again, I ask you for some reason that it comes up now?? This panel was hauled in Nov. ( I am sorry, but I don't know what time frame you were supposed to haul it, so I am not sure of your specifics in relation to time involved..) Has something come up recently that would finally convince you that people needed to be warned about Randy's character? I have had several dealings with him, and have never had any trouble...

Wishy washy - YES, but never any trouble...

I also do not have my feelings "logged" into this board, but I am just trying to make some sense out of this mess...especially since I was indirectly involved in most of it ( although I didn't know it at the time..)

I am sorry, I did take for granted that since I drive all over Gods creation chasing parts/ trucks that everyone else does too..LOL!!
Thats why I made this a business I guess....
No hard feelings, OK?

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 10:54 PM   #8
ThreeQuarter

That's cool, crews. Here's why: When it happened I decided that it was just between him and me and I would not bring this to the board because no one would benefit and it's just not what the board was created for. After awhile I noticed a pattern in Randy's behavior and saw that he was doing this kind of stuff to other people. And to top that he was name-calling people who were upset with his "wishy-washy-ness." I figured there must be more complaints out there and somebody needed to speak up. And that the board deserved to know the truth. This is what the review board was created for. Granted, there weren't as many responses as I thought but it still needed to be dealt with, IMO. I'd rather Randy get his act together and learn to keep his word than just quit the board altogether.

I've known he is wishy-washy all along; he's allowed all the wishy-washy he wants to be. He can buy a brand new Vette and torch it because it got scratched, and you'll never hear a peep out of me. But wishy-washy *IS* trouble when it affects other people like that.

No hard feelings.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:24 PM   #9
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

BE HONEST!

The message for all of us is pretty simple,"DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO!" Just be honest. Don't try to get over on the other members and don't try abuse the system. This is a good board if you don't try to take advantage of it's members and sell your washing machines & Firebirds somewhere else.