The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
jdurant

LS1 powered, Air equipped 82 Blazer

For those that don't know--I purchased Ken's (n2trux) unfinished Blazer project.

Things are gonna move a little slower than I initially thought. Just found out that we are gonna have another kid. So we have started looking for a place with a little more room. Oh, and bigger garage, or atleast room for me to build a nice shop. I'll try and post progress as I go. I'm sure I'll need help from time to time. I'm definately glad to belong to such a helpful board.

So far I've made a whole lot of measurements, and removed the powertrain, fenders, and suspension so that I could finish weld everything on the frame. Next step is to finish cleaning it up, then paint it. Then I can reassemble the suspension. I need to powdercoat the spindles while they are off. Then I can order brakes and start putting everything back together.

I've got those 20" irocs mounted on there for a template to see how much room I've got. I think I am gonna need to go into the back and clear some more room. I will remove the rear fenders soon and take a looksee.
Here are some pics of the front for now.

87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
jdurant is offline   Reply With Quote