The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #226
tiggamonsta

Re: Bubba's recycling project

Yeah, its dropped into the 30's a couple times here, but it still hits the 70's in the day. :-)
tiggamonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #227
murdoc

Bubba,

Been reading up on your thread tonight and i got alot of information thanks to your heater core conversion. I just recently replaced the blower motor for my heater and was amazed at how much more air it pushes.

I have the deluxe heater, but i have been really liking the thrift-air control on the dash. Its a much cleaner look and seems as though it would work just as fine as my deluxe if i just change the controls from the 3 lever control to the the pull/turn knob that you have on yours.

Im wondering if you can tell me how many speeds your knob has. Its 3 for the deluxe switch, and i thought i read somewhere the thrift is only 2 speeds. can you confirm? also, what does the pulling on the knob do for the heating system?

I have read up alot on the factory heating setups for these trucks and am convinced that they are more than adequate for heating these trucks and its passengers. Mine is at least, for which i am very grateful...
murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #228
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Hey Murdoc Happy winter!!
The knob has a cable which opens and closes the air gate inside the heater duct-work.
And the fan switch has three speeds + off.
Actually all are single speed 12V motors, they use the resistor in series to lower the voltage applied to the motor.
The switch determines which resistor setting (speed) gets used. The resistor bank is located in the airflow of the heater to dissipate the heat generated by the current dropped over the resistance.
The defroster/floor heat lever is a manual operation reached by driver slightly under dash.
We just set it about the middle and leave it be.
I have been cruising around in the 64 quite a bit the last few weeks as it starts great and warms up better than my powerstroke diesel in the freezing temperatures .

I keep drifting toward the garage to get started on things ,but head back to the house to warm up again and drink coffee.
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #229
murdoc

Bubba, Happy winter to you too!! I would have preferred a longer summer and fall, but as it is, I'm even more anxious to get my heater finished up

Thanks for your quick response and detailed information!!! i"m sold on the idea of changing my dash heater controller now. My only reservation was the blower speeds.

You know of anyone with the switch/cable and faceplate?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #230
Dudewith4x4
Momma Tried.

Hey man. I love the build. I really like this body style.

As for the teenagers wreckin.. I never have man. but you never know.

keep up the good work dude.
Saving up for a 64
17 and loving it.

Dudewith4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #231
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Name:  IMG_2509.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  38.1 KB

Well this is what we woke up to! Good times now !!

Hey Dude! Thanks for checking in. We are just teasing about the wreck, I hope it never happens.

My girls have spent a lot of their youth here running motor vehicles. I have tried to let them (make them) help out here on the place . Tractors, lawn mowers , trucks and the ranch jeep. They learned early on the four wheelers out in the hay-fields flipping hay bales around so the bales were lined up for the bale wagon. We always try to get a few summer four wheeler trips in.
We haven't let them on the ranch Caterpillar yet.
Oldest daughter has spent some time in my crew cab pickup pulling the stock trailers and the flatbed around . And more time just learning to back them up and park them where you want them. Pulling livestock requires a smooth touch and careful driving.
It is not them I worry about driving, It is other fools on the roads who are on the phone.
That and black ice, which can flip and roll the most experienced drivers.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #232
daverod
SSN 706

What are you doing to that truck. Mines nice a warm, and dry,and warm. Fixed my rockers and one cab corner.
Attached Images

Last edited by daverod; 12-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #233
Dudewith4x4
Momma Tried.

Yeah I understand man. I've grown up on a farm all my life and been drivin trucks all my life. I love farm work and its a awesome way to grow up. Keep up the good work
Saving up for a 64
17 and loving it.

Dudewith4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #234
63lemon

Re: At Last- Power steering in a I-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Attachment 502955E-Brake in basic position under Nova tilt column. Hanging where it clears and works well. More brackets need to be built

Attachment 502956Removed the offsets from the brake pedal arm. This moved the pedal over away from the gas pedal. With out the clutch pedal the gas and brake were just too close. Welded on the larger foot pedal. Even says disc brakes on the foot pedal. New piece welded on the side is for the brake light switch to hit.

Attachment 502957 Recycled a piece of the old 64 bracket. I left the brake pedal bump stop. Heated and bent the old tab back flat again (that held the old brake light switch) Welded on a new bracket facing out and welded on a new bracket on the arm so brake light switch is now accessible. . Original wiring reached the terminals
What year nova steering coulmns would bolt right up to my 63 c10, i want tilt but i wanna keep my four on the floor
Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #235
Vernski

[quote=bubba327;4324884]Attachment 663198 Hey Bubba this is what we woke up to her in CDA as compared to last summer ....VernskiName:  IMG_2438_2.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  Some of the toys.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  47.3 KB
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #236
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63lemon View Post
What year nova steering coulmns would bolt right up to my 63 c10, i want tilt but i wanna keep my four on the floor
I am not sure if any Nova tilts Will "Bolt right up" But with a little creativity I made the 77 Nova column fit and come out very nice. But I sure put a LOT of time and trial and error fabricating in it.
Probably a Ididit or Flaming river Column might bolt in a little easier but I like a good challenge.

Vernski-- You win with the snow level!! we got 10 inches of it today and it was plenty wet!! Your new shop is looking good. I see one truck made it inside.

Dave --Where did you find those awesome square gray stack-able supports holding up the bed ??? Very useful items. I have a few just like them also.
Your garage is full!!! you need a SHOP and a shop cat to get the mice!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #237
daverod
SSN 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
I am not sure if any Nova tilts Will "Bolt right up" But with a little creativity I made the 77 Nova column fit and come out very nice. But I sure put a LOT of time and trial and error fabricating in it.
Probably a Ididit or Flaming river Column might bolt in a little easier but I like a good challenge.

Vernski-- You win with the snow level!! we got 10 inches of it today and it was plenty wet!! Your new shop is looking good. I see one truck made it inside.

Dave --Where did you find those awesome square gray stack-able supports holding up the bed ??? Very useful items. I have a few just like them also.
Your garage is full!!! you need a SHOP and a shop cat to get the mice!
The old Dairy queen went out of bussiness they left about 40 of them sitting there I've got about 15 of them. I love them. Ok I stole them.,
Old 12-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #238
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Had a winter breakfast "Meet and Greet" this morning for a few members in southwest Idaho.
Braving the snowstorm and slick roads were chevy_man5 with daughter and friend, murdoc, 63 spud, cokeb and bubba with my father-in-law.
We missed AmmoSS due to his guard drill weekend, But he was remembered for his service to our country.

Lots of coffee and good breakfast.

Another breakfast scheduled for February,2011

Name:  IMG_2521.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  49.6 KB
Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #239
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Well that's a pretty motley looking crew, no wonder they stuck us in the farthest back corner, near the dishwasher!!
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #240
AmmoSS
IYAAYAS

Hey you guys all look wonderful, sorry I didn't make it. Save me a couple seats and my son and I will show up next time. Where'd you end up having it?
AmmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #241
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmoSS View Post
Hey you guys all look wonderful, sorry I didn't make it. Save me a couple seats and my son and I will show up next time. Where'd you end up having it?
Hey Ammo We went to the Sunrise cafe in Middleton. It seems to be pretty close for most guys in the Nampa, Star, Eagle area .
Since you were not there today, You get to go next.
Would you pick a Saturday morning in February that works for you and your favorite spot for breakfast??
Old 12-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #242
daverod
SSN 706

Looks like a fun bunch.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #243
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Looks like a blast.

I can't believe winter is here already. That snow is pretty, but I bet you get tired of it. Like we get tired of humid weather.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #244
AmmoSS
IYAAYAS

Would you pick a Saturday morning in February that works for you and your favorite spot for breakfast??[/QUOTE]

Let's say Feb 12th at the same place then if that worked well for everyone else. It'll be 25 years for my wife and I that month so I'll probably be taking some time off around then. I also just became a Premium Member!
AmmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #245
Vernski

Could have been a police lineup there except the girls, looks like a fun meet & greet Bubba would have been nice to be there. Thanks for the pic & sharing....Vernski
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #246
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmoSS View Post
Would you pick a Saturday morning in February that works for you and your favorite spot for breakfast??
Let's say Feb 12th at the same place then if that worked well for everyone else. It'll be 25 years for my wife and I that month so I'll probably be taking some time off around then. I also just became a Premium Member![/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your anniversary, and a blue avatar also
Guys mark your calender February 12 th 9:00 am Middleton'sSunrise cafe
I will post it in the Idaho club section also
Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 AM   #247
murdoc

im there Bubba.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #248
rbar

Hey Bubba, Nice thread. Did you buy that truck from Randy Hart in Meridian?
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 415hp/415tq 6speed
rbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #249
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbar View Post
Hey Bubba, Nice thread. Did you buy that truck from Randy Hart in Meridian?
Yes I did!! My Wife and daughter found it on Craigslist-They checked it out after school one day and then twisted my arm till I bought it ....
Daughter goes to school with his son. She says that he and the other neighborhood boys are still crushed that a girl is cruising around in it now and they missed out when it was for sale.
I guess they had a lot of dreams about it growing up.
Maybe their dads are smarter than I or they just don't love vintage iron like I do.
I know it had just sat neglected and broke down in the yard with the tires flat from 2004 to when I got it .

Now I gotta know-- what do you know about it???

Last edited by bubba327; 12-08-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added text
Old 12-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #250
rbar

My son and Randy's son have been on baseball teams together. The picture of my truck is at Fuller Park in 1990 I think, just around the corner from where you bought it. We played ball there alot, so I would always see that truck sitting there and when I found out it was Randy's house, I told him I wanted to buy it if he ever sold it. When it came time for him to sell it, I took a serious look at it, but decided against it. I thought it was a great truck, but by that time I already had two and decided that his needed as much work as mine and it would either be a wash, or I would have the trouble of selling one of what would be three. I am glad to see someone has it who loves it. I think to him it was just an old truck and not a classic truck. My daughter drove my 63 to Meridian High for awhile and she got the same kind of comments you spoke of. Kind of fun. Now my son wants to drive it to school, but I have a 383 in it now, and that worries me.
Does your Chevelle happen to be at Ace Autobody right now? There's a formerly red 69 convertible in there.
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 415hp/415tq 6speed
rbar is offline   Reply With Quote