The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2019, 07:24 AM   #1
Wwildman

GMACHINZ Communications and dealing

Well it is going on 2 weeks no contact I ordered a switching valve harness for customer and it is now put me on hold. I would love at least some communication on when I should receive it. Does anyone know how to contact him
Wwildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: GMACHINZ Communications and dealing

It has been an ongoing thing for a few years. He slacks, then comes through. Its the last straw though. I hate removing folks but this cant continue. I will Pm him and see if he will reply. He didnt respond to my last one.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

he messaged me back rather quickly. You should have tracking information
Old 03-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
Wwildman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
he messaged me back rather quickly. You should have tracking information
Yes got it thanks
Wwildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
obijuan

So how about mine from March 17th? I got time, but no response made me search for feedback.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
So how about mine from March 17th? I got time, but no response made me search for feedback.
Have you messaged him and asked?
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
obijuan

Took a month and a half and a few ignored PM's but it made it.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #8
Rush4x4

Great... Looks like I'm headed down this road now, too. I bought a power window/lock harness and paid through Paypal on April 10. He said two weeks. Then he said it shipped, and when I asked for tracking info, he said it would ship in a couple days, claiming family issues, then weather issues as the reasons for communiction delays followed by another promise to send it out. On May 1st, I sent a longer text stating my frustration and expectations to which he apologized and claimed parts vendor issues and promised that it would ship on the following day. Now he won't answer the phone, won't return my text messages, and hasn't provided tracking info.
Rush4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #9
95 S_Trucker

It seems like there are so many problems with him. Why is here still allowed to post here?
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
It has been an ongoing thing for a few years. He slacks, then comes through. Its the last straw though. I hate removing folks but this cant continue. I will Pm him and see if he will reply. He didnt respond to my last one.
I am not out any thing, but thought this needs refreshing...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #11
TKCR

I’ve never had any problems with him. And have dealt with him on several occasions. One thing you guys need to think of, is that handmade harnesses does take time. And if he is actually having trouble with his vendors, to get the parts he needs, that would certainly put him behind. I know all of you want answers from him, but taking time out to answer everyone’s million in one questions, takes time also. I know first hand about that. I restore bench seats and I sell them on the forum, eBay and FB. I get swamped with questions and try to answer everyone’s, but it sure takes time away from building what I actually have sold. And most people that are asking questions, are doing just that, and they never buy.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #12
Ironhorse

I don't have a dog in this fight BUT: if GMANCHINZ has accepted an order AND payment for such an order then he is OBLIGATED to follow thru in a timely manner. Truthful and timely communication is also expected and the right of a customer. That is the only acceptable way to do business regardless of how busy he is building such parts. It is only right and expected by those who purchase from him. This has happened to more than one person numerous times and is totally un-acceptable .
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #13
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I’ve never had any problems with him. And have dealt with him on several occasions. One thing you guys need to think of, is that handmade harnesses does take time. And if he is actually having trouble with his vendors, to get the parts he needs, that would certainly put him behind. I know all of you want answers from him, but taking time out to answer everyone’s million in one questions, takes time also. I know first hand about that. I restore bench seats and I sell them on the forum, eBay and FB. I get swamped with questions and try to answer everyone’s, but it sure takes time away from building what I actually have sold. And most people that are asking questions, are doing just that, and they never buy.
He seems to be on the board at least once a day. The parts for me in question are just laying in his shop, will fit in a small flat rate box and can be from IA to MN in a day.
If you can't ship something for a week or 2, that is fine but I need to know what is happening. My first deal with him he stayed in touch quite regular until he had the money.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #14
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
He seems to be on the board at least once a day. The parts for me in question are just laying in his shop, will fit in a small flat rate box and can be from IA to MN in a day.
If you can't ship something for a week or 2, that is fine but I need to know what is happening. My first deal with him he stayed in touch quite regular until he had the money.
But I know also first hand the people can get pissy about when something should get shipped, it’s all about what they think is a timely matter. With my seats, I had a seat to build for someone. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get the cover made and sent to me. It actually came early but I got seriously sick and told him that I got the cover, but I wasn’t going to able to build it for a few weeks, because of being hospitalized. He immediately wanted a refund. The contract states clearly that $250 of the deposit does not get refunded, if the order is canceled for any reason. This is because of all the time I spend working up an invoice on PayPal, and getting the cover ordered and all the time I spend answering questions. My time should count for something, plus I was hoping that this would deter people from canceling their seat order after I got everything. So even though I was honest about when the seat would get done, he was not happy with the timeframe. He said I guaranteed the seat would be done in 4 weeks, which I never give a timeframe, especially for 4 weeks. It was onlyn3 weeks at this time. Sometimes I don’t even get the cover for 6 weeks. So this guy threatened to give me a bad review on my FB Page for my seats. I really had no choice because reviews like this can ruin someone’s business. That’s why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #15
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
I agree. I try and keep all my customers up to date, but some people you still can’t please.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #16
moregrip

trend over time, you can't explain away everything; sometimes it is as it appears. It's a bit of a catch-22, because he does seem to have a unique knack/talent for building quality harnesses. I've dealt with him twice; first exchange went perfect, second exchange went bad but didn't have too; simple reasonable communication would have solved it all. I paid money both times so you can't use the "looky-loo" logic on me! haha!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:36 AM   #17
texxxan

well, he took my money and did not send me a harness. He is a thief.
texxxan is offline   Reply With Quote