The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #1
Gregski
Post Whore

$1,000 LS Swap Engine Mounts on eBay

so whilst looking for some adapter plates for my LS Swap I came across something I could not believe, this b2fabrication dude is selling these LS engine mounts for almost a grand

now please don't tell me if you don't want them don't buy them, or he can ask what ever he wants doesn't mean someone is going to buy them, ha ha, I need you on my side and to say this world has gone nutz

Title: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LS LSX Engine swap conversion adapter plate engine mounts 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 6.2
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
geezer#99

Re: $1,000 LS Swap Engine Mounts on eBay

More power to him!
He won’t be selling some to me or you Greg but he’s sold 78 others.
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
truckster

But they come with bolts...
Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

haha...that's funny...but ill have to take up for him on this one and call it a fat finger listing...all the others he sold were for $75...click on the red (78sold)

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:04 AM   #5
joedoh

my friend is a power seller. when sellers put a ridiculous price on something its because its out of stock temporarily. it takes more time to end a forever auction (using buy it now and high quantities) and start it again when the item is in stock than it does just to add a couple zeros to the price as an edit. in this case he added the 9 to his regular price. if you look around there are hundreds of those kinds of prices on common goods, I saw a $1000 airtex fuel pump once which is how it came up in discussion.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #6
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
But they come with bolts...
LOL, my bad...
Old 05-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
my friend is a power seller. when sellers put a ridiculous price on something its because its out of stock temporarily. it takes more time to end a forever auction (using buy it now and high quantities) and start it again when the item is in stock than it does just to add a couple zeros to the price as an edit. in this case he added the 9 to his regular price. if you look around there are hundreds of those kinds of prices on common goods, I saw a $1000 airtex fuel pump once which is how it came up in discussion.
If your power seller friend and others who do this were straight up vendors they would drop the listing until they had the item they are in business to sell. Even better, like Jegs for instance, had Wheel Vintiques 62 16 x 8s on sale from $125@ dropped to $85@ because they were back ordered, not out of 'their' stock. Now that is wise business sense whether they care about being straight up or not. I was more than willing top wait on them to be available (drop-shipped direct) from mfgr. to get a set for about $360 vs about $500. I bet they sold a ton of them, they never had to touch them, made return business from happy customers, and everybody wins. You make things better for the customer and you make things better for your business. Or you can roll the dice of greed and hope to snap up some fools out of this crazy world mentioned in first post.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If your power seller friend and others who do this were straight up vendors they would drop the listing until they had the item they are in business to sell. Even better, like Jegs for instance, had Wheel Vintiques 62 16 x 8s on sale from $125@ dropped to $85@ because they were back ordered, not out of 'their' stock. Now that is wise business sense whether they care about being straight up or not. I was more than willing top wait on them to be available (drop-shipped direct) from mfgr. to get a set for about $360 vs about $500. I bet they sold a ton of them, they never had to touch them, made return business from happy customers, and everybody wins. You make things better for the customer and you make things better for your business. Or you can roll the dice of greed and hope to snap up some fools out of this crazy world mentioned in first post.

its ebay. he doesnt do it out of greed, in his 4 years he has only ever sold one artificial price item and he refunded it immediately. turned out it was a scam account so no harm was done on either side.

but the reason is that power sellers get charged different fees, so ending an auction and reinserting the same auction when the item is in stock costs more than editing the price. and selling something that is not in stock is strictly forbidden on ebay, I am just a regular seller and I refunded a buyer for an item that was broken while boxing, ebay sees that as selling an item that is not in stock no matter the expanation and that strike is STILL on my account, two years later.

you can have your opinion on the business side, but comparing a power seller, which is frequently an individual providing a small quantity of custom pieces made in custom batches, to jegs or summit, who manufacture nothing and could refund 1/3 of their sales and still make millions. comparing a power seller who is manufacturer, shipper, phone answer-er and accounts receivable and payable all in one person, to jegs or summit who has an actual shipping and receiving dept and a customer service dept and a marketing dept and a finance dept making decisions on what they sell at what price, thats just fallacy.

the practice of making the price exorbitant isnt done with malice, thinking some fool will buy, its a stop gap solution to a broken ebay system that charges sellers as much as they can. I used to sell a lot on ebay until the fees went higher than 15%, I think its right at 21% for a basic seller now when you figure paypal fees.

edit: but as long as you are comparing to jegs, they do it on their ebay store too. here is an LED driving light kit for the bargain price of $7300.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hella-35721...D/312537610402

need a relay for those driving lights? Jegs can hook you up. only $7k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hella-933364027/401752068738

Last edited by joedoh; 05-27-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
I need you on my side and to say this world has gone nutz
I’m here for ya man. This world HAS GONE NUTZ!

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
its ebay. he doesnt do it out of greed, in his 4 years he has only ever sold one artificial price item and he refunded it immediately. turned out it was a scam account so no harm was done on either side.

but the reason is that power sellers get charged different fees, so ending an auction and reinserting the same auction when the item is in stock costs more than editing the price.
So edit it for less like Jegs did. I'm not into smoke and mirrors for any reason. This all fits into the original poster saying it's a whacked out world. It's straight up for me or solid gone never look back. I recently cashed a check at Bank of America because that is where the check was drawn. It cost me $8. The teller was playing salesperson asking doesn't my bank cash checks from other banks. "Sure, if I have that amount in my account. But they can't verify it immediately like you can since it's drawn on your bank. I did have an account for 30 years that started out paying 5% interest but went to .01%. If I maintain $10k min. I stood to gain $100 annually. If I dropped below the $3,500 minimum, at $9 a month, I stood to lose $108 annually. I figure I stood to lose more than I gained so I went to a community bank with no minimum balance requirement that didn't charge me to cash checks when I had no account there, kept their doors open during the depression, and didn't need a bail-out in '08." She said (about the minimum balance charge), "We've changed that". My reply, "Too late for me. I'll just pay the $8" and smiled as I waited for my cash.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 AM   #11
joedoh

Quote:
So edit it for less like Jegs did. I'm not into smoke and mirrors for any reason. This all fits into the original poster saying it's a whacked out world. It's straight up for me or solid gone never look back.
something is telling me, you didnt click the links I provided. its ok, but you need to.

the first one is JEGS ebay listing for a $300 lights set currently listed for $7300, likely because its out of stock. the regular price is actually seen in other listings from other sellers advertised on that ad.

the second one is a JEGS ebay listing for a $9 Hella relay for $7091. also likely out of stock.

both are from JEGS. Both use the exact same tactic as the guy with the motor mounts, as my power seller friend. They are marking the price up to keep the ad up as a placeholder for when it comes back in stock. its an EBAY problem. you can rally against it as much as you like, but its an EBAY problem, not something nefarious by the sellers. selling something out of stock is strictly prohibited by EBAY, you just arent allowed to do it.

the price is mirrored on JEGS.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/357212301/10002/-1

Old 06-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #12
mongocanfly
Post Whore

and now theve been reduced in price by $900...just got a notification

You viewed at $975.00. It’s now $75.00!

Save $900.00

LS LSX Engine swap conversion adapter plate engine mounts 4.8…

$75.00 $975.00
For a limited time
78 of these have already been sold.

View item

More chances to get what you want

For LS LSX Engine swap conversion ada…

For LS LSX Engine swap conver…

$68.95 Top Rated Seller item logo: This item is from a top rated seller.
Free Shipping

LS LSX Engine Swap Adapter Plates Eng…

LS LSX Engine Swap Adapter Pl…

$61.89
Free Shipping
Almost gone

C10 LS LSX Engine swap adapter plate…

C10 LS LSX Engine swap adapte…

$69.00
Free Shipping
Popular

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:54 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
something is telling me, you didnt click the links I provided. its ok, but you need to.

the first one is JEGS ebay listing for a $300 lights set currently listed for $7300, likely because its out of stock. the regular price is actually seen in other listings from other sellers advertised on that ad.

the second one is a JEGS ebay listing for a $9 Hella relay for $7091. also likely out of stock.

both are from JEGS. Both use the exact same tactic as the guy with the motor mounts, as my power seller friend. They are marking the price up to keep the ad up as a placeholder for when it comes back in stock. its an EBAY problem. you can rally against it as much as you like, but its an EBAY problem, not something nefarious by the sellers. selling something out of stock is strictly prohibited by EBAY, you just arent allowed to do it.

the price is mirrored on JEGS.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/357212301/10002/-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
and now theve been reduced in price by $900...just got a notification

You viewed at $975.00. It’s now $75.00!

Save $900.00

$75.00 $975.00
For a limited time
78 of these have already been sold.

View item

More chances to get what you want

For LS LSX Engine swap conversion ada…

For LS LSX Engine swap conver…

$68.95 Top Rated Seller item logo: This item is from a top rated seller.
Free Shipping

LS LSX Engine Swap Adapter Plates Eng…

LS LSX Engine Swap Adapter Pl…

$61.89
Free Shipping
Almost gone

C10 LS LSX Engine swap adapter plate…

C10 LS LSX Engine swap adapte…

$69.00
Free Shipping
Popular
I just see these cases as proof the world has gone nuts... or just plain stupid. I don't care why or what, this is human behavior controlled by the world of computers and huge internet entities. None of which have any logic other than that of those humans who have chosen to rationalize their craziness. None of this makes sense. It would make sense for Ebay to allow power sellers to simply post an item is temporarily out of stock AND to allow them to list a pre-sale discount to keep activity going, if that is Ebay's concern. I realize they don't want bandwidth wasted on dead listings, so enter logic... a way to keep them active during the inevitable gaps between supply. These are power sellers and some privilege/partnership should come with that. It's dishonest to list an item for sale at 10x it's value. It's also nuts

Tim

Old 06-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #14
Gregski
Post Whore

well... my work is done here!!!

guys I saw some strong back and forth here, let's keep it light, it's not like I asked you what motor oil is best, or which spark plugs, or even tires, WHAAA HAA HA

no need for WWW III
Old 06-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #15
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I’m here for ya man. This world HAS GONE NUTZ!
thank you bro, I needed that
Old 06-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #16
joedoh

Quote:
\None of this makes sense. It would make sense for Ebay to allow power sellers to simply post an item is temporarily out of stock AND to allow them to list a pre-sale discount to keep activity going, if that is Ebay's concern.

one thing I have learned is that if you give a loophole, someone will find a way through it.

the first loophole is the one we see used in this thread, marking the price up on out of stock items. people harmed: 0 (people upset about the practice: at least 1 )

if they gave the loophole of selling out of stock items, if a customer pays and doesnt receive, they can ask for a refund. this screws up the sellers accounting for the month, and ebays accounting for the month. fees on both WILL go up to cover the extra accounting work.

ALSO, if out of stock sales were allowed, there would be nefarious sellers selling items they never had, and never intended to stock. fraud would go through the roof.

so, I disagree, the first loophole, no out of stock sales, is better. ebay is not a store, its a connection network of people selling to people buying. to limit their liability and their costs, the no out of stock sales rule makes sense.