The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
90\87Formula

New Jada '72 Cheyenne & '57 Suburban

Anybody seen these yet. Same yellow/white as the 5-pack, but a little different paint job. They've also released some '57 Chevy Suburban with new paint jobs; one more with blue/red/white; no pics of that one yet. Local Walmart has been stocking them.
Attached Images

Last edited by 90\87Formula; 12-14-2011 at 03:40 AM.
90\87Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: New Jada '72 Cheyenne & '57 Suburban

I was excited to read your title saying a new Jada Cheyenne is out. Kinda disappointed it's another 4wd. I know,I always have something critical to say,but how different from the orange and white one is this? I already did a body swap using the white and turquoise Dub City body onto the 4wd chassis and the orange and white 4wd body onto the Dub city chassis. This would make another good stock Chevy paint color body swap to 2wd but I have the 5 Deep yellow and white one already,which is nicely detailed with trim. I really like these Jada Cheyennes and wish they'd make another 2wd with nice wheels sometime soon. It's a nice looking 4wd and I'm sure I'll get one. Thanks for sharing. Signed,your friend Special-K...the picky collector

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
90\87Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I was excited to read your title saying a new Jada Cheyenne is out. Kinda disappointed it's another 4wd. I know,I always have something critical to say,but how different from the orange and white one is this? I already did a body swap using the white and turquoise Dub City body onto the 4wd chassis and the orange and white 4wd body onto the Dub city chassis. This would make another good stock Chevy paint color body swap to 2wd but I have the 5 Deep yellow and white one already,which is nicely detailed with trim. I really like these Jada Cheyennes and wish they'd make another 2wd with nice wheels sometime soon. It's a nice looking 4wd and I'm sure I'll get one. Thanks for sharing. Signed,your friend Special-K...the picky collector
Tim, this yellow/white one looks the same as the orange/white one.

Have you noticed on these 4-wheelin' versions that they left the old suspension on the chassis and just added the 4-wheeling suspension. I mean they left the driveshafts and trailing arms and then added the leaf spring suspension and two more driveshafts. LOL.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Well,at least now that I looked again I can see it's a different style of two-tone. I think I like this one better. I'll get a couple so I can convert one to 2wd. It's just hard to get the Dub Cities for a good price. I did get the white & turquoise one for real cheap,like $3.99,because no one else bid. They're usually 12 bucks or more. Maybe I'll get a grey Von Dutch this time. A low ochre & white 2wd with whitewalls,black wheels,and baby moons would look pretty classic. Then,I could paint the Von Dutch body a GM color,like medium blue (cuz I have some) for a 4wd. I'd like to see someone make a realistic 4wd rather than a huge monster truck. Some day I hope I can make a huge diorama using this stuff. My little perfect world fantasy (who makes 1/64 scale women built like a brick house? )

Yeah,I did see the 2wd stuff up under there. Economics I guess. With all the monster trucks they've made you'd think making their own chassis would be worth it. They had to make the brush guard/winch change.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-15-2011 at 09:14 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote