The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
CousinTone

WTB - C10 Crossmember.....local SoCal if possible

Hey all. Looking for a C10 crossmember. I bought the a arms, brakes, steering etc. for a swap and have learned I need the entire crossmember since I’m swapping into a 64 C20. Any out there that aren’t too far from North Orange County? I don’t mind a bit of a drive, but if I could keep it to a few hours, that would be appreciated. Any configuration, I understand if you want or sell it complete, my learning curve is getting costly. Let me know if you can assist. Thanks in advance for anything you may have, even some advice. Tony “V”
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
CousinTone

Re: WTB - C10 Crossmember.....local SoCal if possible

Or should I just buy a kit from CPP, POL or ECE. Anyone have any experience with good/bad or otherwise? I live a mile from CPP, but being a rookie I don’t want to get taken to cleaners. Looking to get my 64 C20 down to 4 1/2 front and 5 or 6 rear static for now. Would like to upgrade to bags for adjustable situations.....thanks for your wisdom.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Are you trying to make a C20 into a C10?
Are you wanting to stay with drum brakes?
I recommend you start a thread in the main forums to learn a little more about your options.
Many here just get the whole crossmember and all from a 73-87 C10. That way it's all the newer parts with disc brakes.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
1960chevypanel

Hey Tony I texted you, I have one
1960chevypanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:05 AM   #5
CousinTone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960chevypanel View Post
Hey Tony I texted you, I have one
I pm’d you my number changed, it’s in PM. Thx
Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Inkfamous-13

hey tone I've got that ccp drop kit 4-6 drop with there drop shocks and relocator brackets dropped sway bar mounts. I installed it and ordered it in 2016 but havnt put but 500 miles on it. I'm gonna be doing my bags here soon probably this weekend ill get bags and brackets installed and my air tanks ,compressors, installed and the following weekend I'll wire it all and finish up solenoids, valves, switch box. if you want it I'll sell the coils and the sway bar drop brackets ( not my factory sway bar) and shock relocators bracket ( never installed them) going to keep shocks cuz I moved and fabbed up my own and I have 3 extra clusters that all are gauge clusters I remember you needed a few gauges I could do $200 for it all. just throwing it out there. if you have a extra londbedbfleetside custom cab bedside trim the upper thick piece for passes side and I need a cab corner piece the lower thin piece. we can deduct what you wanted for it. oh yeah I do if you have white painted grill and bumper I've got nice aluminum grill and decent driver quality chrome front bumper and chrome deluxe rear bumper that's a chrome remake good quality remake but previous owner dented it a lil bit. so rear I'll strip and paint but I'd like to trade the aluminum grill and chrome front bumper for a white 64-66 grill and white bumper and white bumper gaurds. if no guards the grill and bumper I'd like to be clean driver quality. I could sell this grill and buy the grill and bumper but would rather not have it off for long.. also would trade for big truck grill just left in you know. I've also got a 1964 6 lug rear end and trailing arms and 1972 c10 COMPLETE WHEEL TO WHEEL crossmember 5 lug disk brakes steering box and brakes still hooked up with pressure. have automatic column from same 72c10 , my posi rear was stolen so hence the 6 lugger.
'yeah I just had it painted' me: " dam man that thing looks like a side of beef" or "dam bro looks like a sack of walnuts" or the ever so smart ass: " well at least it's a friendly color, it waves as you drive by" first Boss's famous words "I dont know anyone who can see both sides at the same time" Just my 2 event's, tho nobody Carr's, sincerely AssHoleExtraordinaire.....
Inkfamous-13 is offline   Reply With Quote