The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
ChrisDollins

68 GTO Project

I haven't had a muscle car of any sort in about 4 years, so I've really been itching for something. Although, I was really looking for something already running, I have a soft spot for 68-72 A-Bodies. Dad called and said he bought a car that I may be interested in. I got excited when he said "cheap" and '68 GTO, but got nervous when the next sentence was "we're going after the final load here in a few". Haha.

Little bit of a back story on the car, the guy Dad bought it from has had then car since the 70's and is the second owner. Car was built in CA and he lived in Long Beach. Kinda cool I thought. We got a couple pictures of the car back then together. He actually brought it to AR probably 25-30 years ago. About 15 or 20 years ago Dad tried to buy the car while it was still mostly resembling a car. Well, I guess the guy was planning on a big time build, because he tried to unbolt everything he could get to. And then while talking with Dad said that he's had several people say they want it, but he never sees any cash. Said a price and Dad picked it up.

My plans are to really go through all of the boxes and find what actually goes to this car, I've found parts from at least two other rigs, and see what I don't have. I'm not doing a high dollar or correct build. Honestly just going to get it back on the road as quick as possible and upgrade from there. Hopefully have the front clip back on it soon. Have to condense the mess lol. Anyways, I'll post the horrific pictures for you to see haha. It's not for the faint at heart lol.

Chris
ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote