The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Stc

This is kind of old,but wanted to share to give folks a reason to beware when mail ordering stuff.
Specialty Top is out of business.But,that`s what this is all about.I ordered a soft top for my`90 Blazer.I was thinking I may need to sell it,but either way,a soft top would be fun the last summer and it would add fun-appeal to the Blazer when selling.I ordered it in July and the guy said it would be 6 weeks because it was the middle of the busy season.Ok,that made it about the end of August.I still wanted it.I called towards that time and he said they were waiting on the channel that fastens to the Blazer,couldn`t do anything without those.I kept checking every couple weeks.By sometime in October I told them I wanted to cancel my order.three and a half months was just too long,winter was around the corner and I was broke.He said he`d mail a refund.I waited and waited,then called.The number was not in service.The website was still up and CK5 still had them advertised and offered a link.I ask on their forum and it was like old news.Everyone knew they were defunkt.THEN WHY ARE THEY STILL ADVERTISED ON THE SITE?
I lost alot of money.Money that I was willing to put into something that I figured I`d be selling...because I really needed the money!So,it was totally a disgusting thing to just throw away money on something that I needed to sell,only because I needed the money.
We need to beware when ordering off of websites.A website can still run when a business is gone,if the domain hasn`t expired.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote