The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
padresag

Re: 1966 Frame Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradfather View Post
Sorry. This is so frustrating!!

So if that is a rear engine cross member where is the cross member like yours then? I guess my truck didn't come with one! Where can I buy one? Can I buy the tubular ones like from Jegs or Summit? Would those work?

And if I buy a tubular one or one like yours will I have to remove the "rear motor cross member?

Thanks
as I explained earlier
unless it is an a/trans frame to begin with you will have to remove the crossmember under where the bellhousing was to accommodate th400 and install a rear trans crossmember. they did make an orig rear trans that was pretty stout(Picture below)
. the crossmember that is there is for manual trans. if you are to install an a/trans, you will have to remove it. you will then have to find and install a rear trans crossmember whether orig style or aftermarket or out of a later model truck (http://www.persh.org/pickup/700R4.htm) whether it is a th400, 700r4 or later will all use the same crossmember
If you said at the start that you had a 66 C20 it would have made it simpler. you just said a frame. there are guys that get another frame to work on while they are still driving their trucks or whatever. that is why I asked what you had for a truck. it is easier to define what you actually have at the start and say all what you want to do to it. then others will understand a lot easier.
I am sending you a PM
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote