The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
oldspowered67C10

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Came to this thread via your post regarding panel gaps. Ive got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

First off, I noticed you sprayed clear over single stage, whats you're reasoning for using single stage as a base rather than regular 2 stage base? Also, did you color sand the base before you shot the clear?

Secondly, looking back on this thread I found you used 507 light blue as a color and in the panel gap thread you said it came out a bit darker. Was it darker because you didn't like the original color and intentionally had it darkened or was it just because that's the way it ended up spraying out(maybe because of the tinted sealer?)

Finally, after you shoot you're sealer do you immediately shot color coat while the sealer is still in its re-coat window or do you let the sealer cure and then sand it before shooting top coat?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm about to spray color coat on my 67 and I really like that color and I admire you're work. Very detail oriented build, nice work.
oldspowered67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote