The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2016, 01:38 AM   #11
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

It has been a while since the last update and things have been moving along slowly. I know it is a little late but I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year. I guess I had my fiancée fooled into thinking I was a good boy last year. I gave her a Christmas list of a few tools that I needed thinking she would pick a couple of them but no.. she decided to buy the entire list.

Right after new years we had the joy of a major ice storm and losing power for about 24 hours so needless to say no progress that weekend and the following weekend was spent running a new circuit and wiring in the new compressor. Sure is nice now having a few more of the needed tools and plenty of air flow to make it all work.

I am still working on the passenger step and floor pan area, so here are a few pics.

It was my first time ever media blasting but I think they turned out pretty good.

Now I finally have the passenger floor all patched up and the step screwed together so all I like to get ready for test fitting the door is to replace the front cab floor support. I had ordered a new support from Auto Metal Direct which is where I have gotten the other patch panels from and haven't had any problems until now. Today I finished cutting the old support out and attempting to put the new support into place and "Houston we have a problem". As you can see in the pic below, the cab mount bolt hole is way out of place on the new support. If I line up the mounting hole the support doesn't even touch the front of the step and lower hinge pocket. I went ahead an blasted the old support and It looks like I'll be patching it up and reusing it. I have read lots of bad things about aftermarket parts but wow that was a terrible fit and no way to modify it.

Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote