The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
buildinga55

Re: Quality parts?

I am going to Classic Parts on Wednesday and most likely buy their product and return the China made bed sides. The Mar k Parts look much nicer in the earlier pictures. Thanks
buildinga55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
buildinga55

Took the import bedsides back to LMC today and picked up the American made bedsides at Classic Parts. The American made bedside also had some ripples at the top of the stamping, which I can understand, but in general the bedstakes had a much crisper stamping and will require a lot less work to get straight. Even the high dollar restored streetrod truck on the showroom floor had the ripples in the bed stakes. I am a little surprised they did not smooth it our some. Both LMC and Classic were great to deal with, no issues on the return at all.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #28
PDW HOTRODS

I sent my tailgate back. Has anyone got a real nice new tailgate anywhere? I think I will buy from Mar-k, but I would still like to see close up pics if I could. Classic Industries so far has been good to work with, and the rest of the parts I got from them were very nice, so I dont want to keep anyone else from going there. If I get my refund in a timely mannor, I will still purchase from them, just not body parts. If anyone has had good luck I would like to hear. Thanks.
PDW HOTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #29
buildinga55

I was happy with Classic Parts in KC. They carry the American panels and were very nice to deal with yesterday. LMC does not give cash back for a return but mails a check. Hopefully, they will mail it in a reasonable time.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #30
1950 GMC

Has anyone ever used any parts from Verdine (SP)?? I see that they sell a lot of stuff on eBay and I was wondering how good there products are?

Thanks,
Garrett

My 1950 GMC Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=351867
My 1950 GMC Photobucket Account:
http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss95/1950GMC/
1950 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #31
PDW HOTRODS

I got my money back from Classic Industries with no problems. They do seem to be a good company to work with, so I would recomend them, but be carful where you buy body parts. I got my new tailgate from Mar-k, and it look very nice. I am very happy with it.
PDW HOTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote