The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
WunTon

WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Hey all! I picked up a 63 a month or so ago and I finally got it home last week so I can get started on it. The plan is to look old but drive new and be fast and handle well. I've got a pretty extensive parts list so far some of which will be changing up so I'll have some new parts for sale at some point in the future.

Heres a picture from a few years ago before it was taken apart and stashed away in a barn since 2013 until I bought it and brought it home last week.

And here are some from bringing it home.

Loading was easy!

Ready for the drive

The sprinter makes easy work of all the additional parts and I have an aluminum ramp that made rolling the motor in and out a breeze.

And then when I got home the fun began. My garage is only 17x20 and I already have a fairly large amount of large woodworking equipment in there so space is tight. Not having a way to roll it we had to get creative.

The plan was to lift it up using the 4x4s we had put under it before setting it on the trailer and then drive the trailer out from under it, but of course the giant knot in the 4x4 had other plans and it snapped in half about 2" from our final height to clear the fenders of the trailer. The plan was to lower it onto a bunch of dollies and then roll it into the garage from the driveway but once the 4x4 snapped we resorted to pulling it off the trailer in the street with my buddies truck and tried to place it onto the dollies (which were a total waste of time and I destroyed 4 of them).

After some pulling and pushing with the truck and guiding the front with a rolling jack we finally got it into the garage 2 hours and 46 minutes after arriving home!

And thats how it sat for a day or two

More to come!
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote