The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
belldar

Want to buy grandpas c10. Need help!

Hey guys
I could really use some help. I recently found my grandpas truck and really would love to get it. Was the first vehicle I ever drove. When grandpa got a new truck back in the 90s I wanted the 71 c10 custom but grandpa and dad thought it was too much pickup for me as a high schooler. They were probably right to think that and sold the truck. Well fast forward 20 years and I had the truck in the back of my mind for a long time and thought there was no way of finding it. Well low and behold I found it sitting unmolested in a garage for 15 plus years. He called me the other day and said I could see it. Just seeing it meant a lot to me!
Here is where I need some help! I am pretty good at figuring out value but I am in a very tough situation because the sentimental value of the truck is priceless to me. Here are the specs of the truck. 1971 c10 custom LWB. White top with gold body. 77k original miles. Stored inside since 1999. The GOOD... Stored inside so paint is in great shape. Dash and gauges look good and all original. Very clean. The BAD... Hasn't ran for 15+ years, (most likely will new new fuel lines and tank cleaned or new, possible break lines?). The carb will need to be rebuilt/replaced most likely. The kick panel looks pretty bad on drivers side( showing rust and rusted up through the chrome trim. Seat is shot but has a cover. Box has some pretty good dingers in the rear by lights and in tailgate(possibly from me). There is rust bubbling up on inside corner of drivers door.
This was all I could really see as I couldn't get to the other side to look. The truck is nothing fancy and has no frills but the parts that I can see look pretty decent. Couldn't see in the box as it was full. Very clean under the hood. The black around the chrome on the front trim was faded and some missing. I have done some research as to what it would be worth to a normal unattached person but want some more thoughts from you guys. What other problems may I encounter from it sitting for so long (tranny, engine, tires)? What price range would this be worth???? I hope I am allowed to ask that!? Like I said it is priceless to me but I can't pay what he told me he would like. I would have to do some serious selling of a lot of stuff and still be very short! I could go on for every on this but it is too long already. Let me know what you think!?

Thanks!
14 bolt rear, 60 front
4.56 gears, 6 inch lift
35inch dynapro MTs, pro comp 52 16x8 2.5 backspace

Last edited by belldar; 04-24-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Missed something
belldar is offline   Reply With Quote