The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #26
shifty
Questionable

Re: Stolen last night

Still got my fingers crossed for you, brother!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #27
Gotenntitans

Thanks, Man. We've not given up hope yet. Between the police and the 1500+ Facebook people who are looking for it, if it is still around here and comes out into the daylight someone will see it. My son is a sophomore at Southern Arkansas University and I think half the students at college have shared it on Facebook so the knowledge that it's been stolen and several pictures of it are out there. It's a distinctive truck. I have never seen another white & black one like it. We call it the "Milk Cow."
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-22-2019, 12:50 AM   #28
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Really hate to hear. Hope y’all are able to retrieve it in good condition. My dad’s 66 C-10 chop top cab was stolen from his driveway several years ago. It just happened to be covered & sitting on my dad’s car trailer, & they took the trailer. At the time, several other trailers in the area were also stolen. Unfortunately, neither the trailer or cab has been seen since. To make things worse, he had just moved the cab from a friend’s shop a few weeks before, where it had been stored for 20+ years. Wishing you the best!

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:08 AM   #29
Gotenntitans

Thanks. Sorry to hear of your lost one. Too many people today thinking it's OK to steal as long as you don't get caught. AND too many people who know things, but won't tell because they don't want to "snitch."
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-25-2019, 11:23 PM   #30
Gotenntitans

Got Facebook tips today from two different people stating that they were 100% positive that they saw it cruising in plain sight in a town about 40 miles away. Police have been notified. Hoping for good news soon! We want our Milk Cow back!!!
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #31
michael bustamante

any news?
Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #32
Gotenntitans

Nothing yet. It was seen yesterday around 5:30-6:00 p.m. Hoping the same thing happens again today.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 PM   #33
90OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
I work in Helena. We need to go back to hanging thieves and politicians and these little towns would clean up pretty quick.
Agreed
Old 05-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #34
Gotenntitans

No new leads and no more sightings. Still hoping it turns up and hasn't been chopped, wrecked, or trashed out.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 05-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #35
mingoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
No new leads and no more sightings. Still hoping it turns up and hasn't been chopped, wrecked, or trashed out.
That sucks. I was hoping it would turn up.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #36
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingoman View Post
That sucks. I was hoping it would turn up.
Thanks mingo. We have spoken with the police more than a few times and they still believe that its still around fairly close and hidden away......maybe being painted, but not stripped. They feel like some dumb crook is gonna try cruising in it with a new paint job in a week, month, or so. They are ready to pull over the first swb stepside they see that's new in town and they assure us they'll run the vin plate.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 05-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #37
diveplane

utter disgrace stealing a man's property , middle east u get fingers cut off u for stealing, every time u glance down it's a reminder of what you did.

only law i like in middle east.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #38
90OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveplane View Post
utter disgrace stealing a man's property , middle east u get fingers cut off u for stealing, every time u glance down it's a reminder of what you did.

I totally agree!
Old 05-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #39
kazoocruiser

Cool Re: Stolen last night

Quote:

Do you have any idea where this originated?

Pagan Arabia. Don't include Israel in your definition of the Middle East where it comes to what would be defined in the United States as "cruel and unusual punishment".

It isn't fingers. It is a hand on one arm, and the foot of the opposite leg, of a living, non-sedated individual, with the result that the person probably dies from the injuries inflicted. In the case of their lovely prophet, the story goes that some people came to mohamed complaining that the weather wasn't agreeable to them. Mohamed told them to drink camel urine and camel milk. (Personally I think Mohamed wanted to poison them to get their booty.)

When the people realized that they weren't getting any better, they left with camels to get away from the nut-case advise that was making them sick. Mohamed, in his rage, ordered them brought back, and then not only cut off the limbs of the ones who had left with the camels, he also took red-hot nails and shoved them into the eyes of at least one of those who had taken the camels to escape the "prophet" who probably had syphilitic insanity.

Happy Ramadan.
1981 Harley Davidson.
Credentialed, semi-retired A.S.E. technician. If you don't like free advice, Ask Someone Else and pay for it.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #40
hatzie

Quote:

It's not fingers. The hand comes off at the wrist.

Theft is darn close to non-existent in much of the Arab world for that reason.

It's Shariah law so it's definitely used in Iran and Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't test it in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan, and Iraq.

Shariah does not allow this punishment when food is stolen. As with Jewish law the preservation of life takes precedence over other laws.

I found this on the web. Take it with a grain of salt. If you're a Westerner I would bet they are far more strict.

In order for the limb amputation to be applied, thes conditions must be fulfilled :

"1. The thing should have been taken by stealth; if it was not taken by stealth, then the hand should not be cut off, such as when property has been seized by force in front of other people, because in this case the owner of the property could have asked for help to stop the thief.

2. The stolen property should be something of worth, because that which is of no worth has no sanctity, such as musical instruments, wine, and pigs.

3. The value of the stolen property should be above a certain limit, which is three Islamic Dirhams or a quarter of an Islamic Dinar, or their equivalent in other currencies.

4. The stolen property should have been taken from a place where it had been put away, i.e., a place where people usually put their property, such as a cupboard, for example.

5. The theft itself has to be proven, either by the testimony of two qualified witnesses or by the confession of the thief twice.

6. The person from whom the property was stolen has to ask for it back; if he does not, then (the thief’s) hand does not have to be cut off.

If these conditions are fulfilled, then the hand must be cut off."

I disagree with basing laws on religious fanaticism but this seems to work. The pillory did as well.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #41
1976gmc20

I read some books by a guy whose name I can't remember (he was German I think) who was an explorer and spent a lot of time with the Bedouins back in the early part of the 20th century.

They would let their camels and horses free range when not using them with no fear of them being stolen. It seems that the reason was there was no honor in stealing untended livestock but it was honorable to kill the owner and steal them (or other stuff) directly.

This explorer said that he never had a problem with his baggage.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 05-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #42
Gotenntitans

Police advised us IF they find the truck with someone driving it, that person might not go to jail because that person may not have been the one who stole it. Also, they told us IF the truck is found either being driven or abandoned/stripped, we would have to pay storage fees and we would have to pay to have it returned to us on a trailer.....unless it's drivable and we go to pick it up.

When I asked why the thief (if caught) wouldn't have to pay all the fees and damages caused to the truck, they advised us that he probably has no money and a judge probably would not tack those fees onto his bail.

Police told us of two brothers who kept selling vehicles to individuals, keeping a key, following the buyers home and returning to steal the vehicle back a month or so later....then reprinting that vehicle and reselling it again. They caught them and after a couple of times doing this , they finally made it stick. Those two are in jail.

Criminals have lots of loopholes protecting them over here, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I still have confidence we'll get our truck back.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 05-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #43
diveplane

Quote:
Police advised us IF they find the truck with someone driving it, that person might not go to jail because that person may not have been the one who stole it. Also, they told us IF the truck is found either being driven or abandoned/stripped, we would have to pay storage fees and we would have to pay to have it returned to us on a trailer.....unless it's drivable and we go to pick it up.

When I asked why the thief (if caught) wouldn't have to pay all the fees and damages caused to the truck, they advised us that he probably has no money and a judge probably would not tack those fees onto his bail.

Police told us of two brothers who kept selling vehicles to individuals, keeping a key, following the buyers home and returning to steal the vehicle back a month or so later....then reprinting that vehicle and reselling it again. They caught them and after a couple of times doing this , they finally made it stick. Those two are in jail.

Criminals have lots of loopholes protecting them over here, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I still have confidence we'll get our truck back.

always the victim that pays the price. US really has become a corrupt joke = government lawyers lawmakers all in bed together to cream the average US citizen, founding forefathers this country are turning in there graves in disbelief , constitution is near non existent today.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #44
hatzie

Quote:

They're just fine with having the victim pay for the problem.
It sounds like you have a good old fashioned Corruption problem.
Used to be if you were in possession of a stolen vehicle you would do time.

I remember a question an acquaintance of my father asked about a family of local hoodlums that shot our dog and shot at me on our own property when I was a kid.

"Don't they have personal property that can be burned or animals that can be poisoned?"
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:26 PM   #45
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
"Don't they have personal property that can be burned or animals that can be poisoned?"
Sadly, upstanding citizens are the ones who get in trouble for it. Same goes with child services dealing with parents. Non-compliant parents always get the longest rope and rarely every have it snatched back.

But even if you did burn/poison things and get away with it ... you just stooped to their level.

My neighborhood was somewhere you just didn't move to 15 years ago. I've had to help weed out more people than I can tell you, and fighting with fire never worked, just ended up getting the wrong ppl burned.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:06 PM   #46
hatzie

They used to hang horse thieves out West... Not a terrible idea IMHO.
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

Old 05-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #47
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
They used to hang horse thieves out West... Not a terrible idea IMHO.
Honestly, if the punishment fit the crime, I suspect we'd see a lot less crime these days.

Better yet, if law enforcement and the judicial system actually prosecuted crimes deserving of incarceration instead of crimes that conveniently fill privately-owned prisons *and* our corrections facilities actually attempted to "correct" offenders, we'd probably see a lot less crime these days.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #48
Gotenntitans

OK guys, we still have not recovered our beloved Milk Cow, but a red swb mid 90s fleetside has just shown up in my town and I am 99% positive it's running my wheels & tires and is also sporting my front bumper. I have never seen this truck before until about two weeks ago. I saw it at Wal Mart yesterday and got a closer look.

That bumper with the vertical guards was bought by me off a wrecked Suburban. I have NEVER seen another swb truck non 4x4 with a front bumper with those guards on it. Also, my son curbed one of his tires and scuffed the white letters in "Hankook" pretty bad. I remember fussing at him about it. This red truck has a scuffed white letters as well.

My question.....I bought those tires from Tirerack three years ago and I do not have the paperwork anymore. Is is worth it to try to see if they can look up serial numbers on the exact 4 tires that I bought and put on our truck? Or are there exact serial numbers on tires?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
2003 Chevy Silverado

Last edited by Gotenntitans; 10-17-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #49
SCOTI

Quote:
OK guys, we still have not recovered our beloved Milk Cow, but a red swb mid 90s fleetside has just shown up in my town and I am 99% positive it's running my wheels & tires and is also sporting my front bumper. I have never seen this truck before until about two weeks ago. I saw it at Wal Mart yesterday and got a closer look.

That bumper with the vertical guards was bought by me off a wrecked Suburban. I have NEVER seen another swb truck non 4x4 with a front bumper with those guards on it. Also, my son curbed one of his tires and scuffed the white letters in "Hankook" pretty bad. I remember fussing at him about it. This red truck has a scuffed white letters as well.

My question.....I bought those tires from Tirerack three years ago and I do not have the paperwork anymore. Is is worth it to try to see if they can look up serial numbers on the exact 4 tires that I bought and put on our truck? Or are there exact serial numbers on tires?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
Serial numbers are entered for warranty purposes @ corporate type chain stores so Tire Rack probably does that. Not sure what it would prove for you though. The tires could have 'been purchased' as used tires from an individual or corner/independent tire shop. No records kept there. Point being, even if they do match your Tire Rack info, whoever has them would have plausible deniability that 'they' did not take them from you.

Pic proof of your truck w/the 'special bumper' & tire serial number ID might help you boost your request for law enforcement to inquire but probably not. Plus you have to get those numbers just to verify....

But, if you see it & have an opportunity, nothing ventured nothing gained. Some quick cell phone pics of the tire sidewalls where the info is & one of the top corner of the dash for the VIN would be easy enough in the right circumstances.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #50
hatzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Serial numbers are entered for warranty purposes @ corporate type chain stores so Tire Rack probably does that. Not sure what it would prove for you though. The tires could have 'been purchased' as used tires from an individual or corner/independent tire shop. No records kept there. Point being, even if they do match your Tire Rack info, whoever has them would have plausible deniability that 'they' did not take them from you.

Pic proof of your truck w/the 'special bumper' & tire serial number ID might help you boost your request for law enforcement to inquire but probably not. Plus you have to get those numbers just to verify....

But, if you see it & have an opportunity, nothing ventured nothing gained. Some quick cell phone pics of the tire sidewalls where the info is & one of the top corner of the dash for the VIN would be easy enough in the right circumstances.
If the tire serials match the receipts it might be enough to get a judge to sign off on a warrant to check the vehicle over for VIN inconsistencies.
It's a bunch of work and paperwork to do this. You have to find a cop that isn't a lazy SOB. Unfortunately that kind of police are getting to be a rare commodity. There are a lot easier crimes to go after that are a lot less work and look better on their resume.

Try your keys in that truck with gloves on. If the door opens take a picture of the VIN on the door, the SPID in the glovebox, and the VIN on the dash. I bet they wouldn't change the locks and most of them would be too stupid to change the glovebox door and the sticker on the door frame. If the VIN on the door and SPID matches your title I'd be sorely tempted to take the damn thing and park it in the barn til I could re-paint it.
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

Last edited by hatzie; 10-19-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread