The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #51
swyfor5

Re: Custom bumpers

well, it arrived today! All I can say is don't order one of these yet! Nothing really wrong with the quality and such, but I have issues! Of course stuff always comes when "your" not home! No shipping damage, but bumper was not delivered as ordered. If you've been following this thread, you've seen the white 1st. gen k5 on KenMtnAc's website. That is the frt. bumper that I ordered, minus the turn signal and driving light holes. Personally talked to Kyle, and talked over these details,and 12 weeks later, I get the wrong bumper! Bumper would be fine if the grille guard was the right one! Looks more like a bullbar, and it is not what I ordered! Too pi**ed off to go on more now, try and post up some pic's, asap!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #52
Burt4x4

Damn! Sorry to hear that

Steel is easy to change so maybe you can modify it to your liking and make kyle give you a partial refund..??
Good luck!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #53
swyfor5

Yea, been doing the e-mail thing back and forth. Told him my problem, and got back-- as ordered. Sent him another one today with more detail, so hope to know more soon. I hope I can resolve this easily, but we"ll see. Got some pic's, and I'll try and get them up soon. I hope they will make it right, so this bumper is the way I wanted it! I'll keep you guys up to date!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #54
vtblazer

You should be able to get what you paid for but don't expect any miracles cause at this point your now 'costing' the vendor money.

If they messed up, by all rights, they should correct it but listen to their side before lowering both barrels.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #55
swyfor5

Oh yea, I have been very "polite' so far. I did'nt think there was any miscommunication between us when I ordered the bumper. I mean there is a picture of the bumper on THIER website. I said "this" bumper without the turn signal and driving light holes. He said yes! This grille guard looks totally different! I will stay civial, and try to work this out the right way! Hope to know more tomorrow. Try'ing to work on the pic's!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #56
swyfor5

Well, just as I figured, no response today from KenMtn. I am trying to be patient! Gonna get pic's sent to them asap. Wifey is laughing at me, saying "I told you so"! Oh, and "you should have listened to me". LOL. That was my attempt at seeing some humer in this situation! The saga continues!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #57
bigbadchev72
People know me

How did you pay for it? Credit card? I would file a complait with the credit card company if so, Not getting there money or having it taken back from them should get a quick response
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #58
Burt4x4

Tell him your webwheeling buddies are gonna start a Cyber War on KMA if he doesn't make it right with your order
hehehe

Stay positive and hopefully he will man up and do the right thing

How much work would it be to make it the way you ordered it?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #59
swyfor5

Yea, I would think they would want to keep me happy, as not to start the war on thier reputation. It wouldnt take that much to reshape the grille guard setup. Having trouble with getting the pic's up, so I can show it! Should be able to get it done tomorrow when my daughter gets home. I'm "thinking" maybe when Kyle sees pic's of what they shipped me , He'll understand. I'm holding off calling him on the phone until the e-mail trail stops, which it may have already on his end! Sure would like to give them a "good" status! Oh, by the way boys- rally up just in case! Heh-Heh!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #60
bigbadchev72
People know me

Did you pay with a credit card? I would not wait any longer to file a complaint. How long did it take him to respond when you contacted him the first time about building you a bumper?
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #61
swyfor5

He was right on the spot with the reply's, until now! I took more pic's of the one I recieved, and found some more pic's on his website to use as ammo! I will post up some pic's later tonight to show you guy's what I'm dealling with here. To me it's almost a no-brainer, but here I sit with the wrong grille guard! I really don't want to stop payment on c-card, because I will keep this bumper and have it reworked myself. BUT, I should'nt have to! Did I mention it took 12 weeks to get here? Not that I was in a big hurry, but that seems like a long time to fab up a bumper from scratch! Like I said, will post up pic's later tonight.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
bigbadchev72
People know me

stopping payment on the cc dosent mean that you have to give the bumper back, Just means that If he wants his money for the wrong bumper that you paid for then he has to make things right with you. After he makes things right with you then you can call up the cc company and authorize the correct payment.

He is ignoring you now because he already has your money for something that is only partially what you wanted.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #63
swyfor5

Hey, here's the pics! You guys make the call.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #64
bigbadchev72
People know me

Looks way different than the one you posted before, this one dosent look as "sleek" as the one on the white blazer, I would be pissed, Its not what you ordered and even more pissed that he is blowing you off and not trying to make it right

Old 06-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #65
vtblazer

If you were expecting the same as the one on the white blazer and that's what they said they were sending, and if your not 100% happy with the one you got, I'd make the argument, they sent ya the wrong bumper.

Last edited by vtblazer; 06-28-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #66
swyfor5

Right on! I sent an e-mail saying the same bumper as the white k5 on the website, and he replied yes as specified. When I talked to him personally on the phone to order it we talked about that same white k5. I sent him 3 e-mails yesterday with a bunch of pic's, so we'll see if he responds. If I don't get a e-mail response soon, I'll try and get him on the phone.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #67
swyfor5

Here's the one I ordered. And here's a pic of a prerunner/grille guard on a later model GMC off their website. Even the one on the GMC looks more like the one on the white K5. How can he say the one I recieved is as ordered? The only picture on their website of a prerunner/grille guard is on that GMC. They sent me the WRONG BUMPER!
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #68
71jimmy

I feel for ya! Your right, you didn't get what you ordered. I like the way the bars run on the white Blazer a little better. But I guess without mounting your current bumper it's hard to tell exactly what it would look like. Good luck, hope you can resolve it to your satisfaction.

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #69
swyfor5

Went out to the barn and a friend and I held the bumper up to the k5. Looks like it will fit except for the outer tubes on the grill guard. I still have to cut off the "fangs" to get it under the grille, but other than that, it should fit. The outer tubes on the guard will partially run in front of my headlights, thier that high! What happened to "the customer is always right" motto? I had better hear something back from them tomorrow, or I'm about to go POSTAL!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #70
swyfor5

Well, another day, another dissapointment. I did get a reponse from him, saying, "according to the order you wanted a prerunner grill guard." Said pic's I sent him "certainly" meet the definition of that as shown on the "Anatomy of a Wincher" page on thier website. He said he is completly at a loss what I got is not what I ordered! The outer tubes on this grill guard will run right in frt of my headlights! Sent him another e-mail and some pic's, we'll see. I admit there was a lack of communication somewhere, but when I said "this bumper" refering to the white k5 on the website, I assumed mine would at least look close! This grill guard setup would look alright on a different truck, but not on a first gen. Also the actual bumper was made to fit the first gen, below the grill lip, with the slight v bend to match our frt ends. I can see now, no matter what happens now, this is going to cost ME more money!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #71
bigbadchev72
People know me

The ball is still in your court, he is just trying to get out of it. Do you still have any emails saying "I want one like the white blazer" then its hands down not even close. He dosent know the power of a web forum and all the annoying calls that can be made from around the us tying up his phone and time answering it and everyone telling him to make it right. You can still contact the cc company and they will take back the payment until things are resolved.

You could get a quote from a local machine/fab shop to put the brushgaurd you ordered in the first place and deduct it from your original price, plus the gas and anything else you are out to fix HIS mistake. They dont have a bad rep for no reason.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #72
swyfor5

Yea, I hear ya! I have printed and documented every e-mail transaction from day one. One of the early e-mails said "this bumper", refering to the white k5 on his website. He replied, yes, with a price quote. Now he say's "as ordered". He also quotes the prerunner/grill guard is as stated on his website. I guess my definition of "this bumper" and his definition of " this bumper", is the same only- my definition of the prerunner/grill guard is a different thing? I could see if the one I recieved was even close, but as you all can see, it's not! Too bad, He's already "quoting" his website, which is lacking in detail, to possibly protect himself legally! When I talked to him on the phone to actually order the bumper, he gave me some actual details on that white k5, so he knew what I was talking about. It sounds to me like a like of communication between fabricator and management/owner? Like, here is a pic of what it needs to look like-Duh! Let's hold off on the webwar until I try every civil means of resolving this first. But it looks like we need to get ready , cause I'm ready to show everybody what happened to me! Let's wait and see.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #73
vtblazer

Wouldn't take to much to transform yours into the one you want, might be the easiest means to an end from the sound of his latest e-mail.

Shame though, if this vendor would only realize the loyalty he'd gain from the 1st gen crowd by taking care of this matter without question.

His site is always coming up as having one of the best looking K5 bumpers out there (using the white blazer as an example) he should realize that if he only stood behind his products, the potential sales he could be making would more than cover any losses happening this time around.

Last edited by vtblazer; 06-30-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #74
Burt4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Wouldn't take to much to transform yours into the one you want, might be the easiest means to an end from the sound of his latest e-mail.

Shame though, if this vendor would only realize the loyalty he'd gain from the 1st gen crowd by taking care of this matter without question.

His site is always coming up as having one of the best looking K5 bumpers out there (using the white blazer as an example) he should realize that if he only stood behind his products, the potential sales he could be making would more than cover any losses happening this time around.
Ya I agree with both points, the bumper can easly be modified and he SHOULD have just 'did the right thing' off the bat, instead of answering questions with questions. Shame some venders just push the product out the door with no sence of pride for customer satisfaction! Ah News FLASH = without customers there is no business
Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #75
swyfor5

Exactly, just what I was thinking. I sent him another e-mail as soon as I got home today. I said maybe we could work something out along the lines of- he bends me 2 new outside prerunner/grill guard tubes to match those like the pic of the white k5, and I'll cut these 2 off, and weld the 2 new ones he sends me on myself! I think that might just work, to make it look closer to how I wanted it to look. That will cost me some time and labor, but might just be the best way to fix this situation! Probably have to have the entire bumper repainted afer the refab, but oh well, might be a better paint job than the one I got from him! I'm not saying the quality of this bumper was bad, I am just not happy paying $856.00, and not being able to install this bumper yet! At this point in my dealing with KenMtnAc, I am not a happy camper, and I would hold off doing any business with them till I see how this plays out! Has anybody else had any problems with them? I'll keep you guy's posted almost daily!