The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
big_dan

"Alternate" Falcon . . . Now building my 53 3100!

So since my 65 Falcon will continue to show up in the background of my 53 project, and since a few of you asked about it, I figured I'd pay a pic or two.

Story first -

I bought it as a basket case; floors horrible, quarters crunched in, trim lost, etc.. I'd wanted one since Dad had one in the early 80's, so I jumped on this one. It was buildable, and had a title . . .

The plan changed multiple times. Originally, plan was got a top loader and a Cleveland, so I rounded up parts and went as far as building long tube headers that fit with the Cleveland and stock towers. But, in the end I punted that idea and decided I wanted less weight up front.

So, I replaced a bunch of sheetmetal, the entire floor, added a serious subframe and lowered the floor a bit for my 6'6" self, added a cage, custom dash, TKO500, hydraulic clutch, 9 in with truetrac, 4 link, custom fabbed front bumper and hood, full roller 331 built quite strong, e.t.c. . . .

My oldest son and I did every lick of work on it except actually shooting the paint. It has a fair amount of flake in it and my buddy could lay it down better without tiger striping it.

All in all, it was a blast, and this winter it'll get more cam, MSD Atomic EFI. and a few other tweaks.

So, without further ado, a few random pics.

Thanks for looking -

Dan
Attached Images

My 65 Ford project . .
https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...d.php?t=792428
big_dan is offline   Reply With Quote