The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
kcfirstbuild

F N Fenders

Ok so this is my first time hanging fenders. I was told it can be enough to drive a guy to drink. Well I'm there !

I have the passenger side on but am not supper happy with the fit where it buts up to the rocker panel. Should there be a gap there ? I have a gap else were. The door opens and closes.

The other question is when your hanging the fender do you bolt it in first then inner ? I had the inners bolted in first and struggled till I had all those bolts out.

Huh so frustrated. I'll take a picture tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
kcfirstbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
buckskins4ever

Re: F N Fenders

Make sure when hanging the fenders that you only lightly tighten bolts up so as the threads are in. Dont tighten snug until all the bolts are in. Best and easiest way to insure proper gap is to get a wood wedge and set the gap with it....you can wrap a paper towel around it to keep it from scratching. Once you get the gap adjusted at the door, cowl, and rocker.......snug it down at those points then work your way down after you set the hood gap. After you get the hood gap set tighten it down and go ahead and tighten the inner well the rest of the way as well.
good luck....getting perfect gaps is not fun job.
buckskins4ever is offline   Reply With Quote