The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #35
shaunatk

Re: My Project: 46 GMC on S10 Chassis with LSx Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05snopro440 View Post
Are you back to work on it yet?
Not yet. I got laid off last summer 3 weeks after we bought a new house, and apparently a 30 year old business professional with a bachelors degree in business management and 12 years of experience working within a business environment, with a clean criminal record and good credit and strong references, isn't hireable. So, I have started my own real estate inspection business, and have been busy working on getting that to take off and taking care of my 2 daughters (yes, 2 now, was zero when I started this thread ).

One exciting development is that a brand new, two bay, fully insulated and heated, 100% devoted to working on cars workshop is currently under construction and should be ready to go at some point this summer (dad's contracting the main construction portion, then contracting the insulation, and then he is going to wire it and put whatever material he decides to use on the interior walls). All of the storage is going to remain in the original portion of the barn, and the new portion is going to be nothing but space for working on cars and tools for getting work done. My father is about 4 years away from retirement, so this is going to be his post retirement shop to make some money on the side and to hopefully build a few hot rods.

I have attached a picture I took last week.

Construction on the new shop is about six months behind, they were supposed to start in January but we had a BRUTAL winter here in Ohio. And where the barn is located on my parents land, the soil holds water like nothing I've ever seen before, so an extremely wet spring put construction back even further , but now that it's to this point construction should happen very quickly.
Attached Images

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=431631

Last edited by shaunatk; 06-20-2014 at 07:10 PM.
shaunatk is offline   Reply With Quote