The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
dzbowtie

big block id?

i have searched around guys a for info on the number C6J127437, supposedly a 454. i cant find anything on it, does this number ound familiar to anyone. maybe one of the numbers was misread, i was just passed the info. thanks for any help guys
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Tommy454

Re: big block id?

Possibly misred numbers/letters.
The engine assembly code will look similar to: T0601ED. In this case the first letter "T" stands for an engine factory Tonawanda, N.Y., either "F" or "V" would indicate Flint, MI., "K" is used for McKinnon Industries while "S" is used for Saginaw Service. The next two digits stand for the month of the year. In this example "06" or the sixth month, June. The "01" stands for the 1st day of the month. Sometimes (but not always) the letter "I" is substituted for the number "1".

Date code consists of a letter, 1 or 2 digits for the day, and 1 digit for the year such as C 06 7 would be March 06, 1967

V8 Engine Block Casting Month Codes
A - January B - February C - March D - April E - May F - June G - July H - August I - September J - October K - November L - December
Tommy454 is offline   Reply With Quote