The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2024, 12:00 AM   #1
ProjectDD

New but Not New.. 2008 Member Finally Buys a C10

Joined when I was 21, now soon to be 38. I officially bought a 67 c10 long bed last week. Probably for the best it took this long as I'm now an 18yr body/paint/metalwork professional. I now posses the talent to do anything with a vehicle to the highest of skill. I'm taking the next year to acquire parts and plan my build while finishing up a few customer jobs. I'll then be taking 1 year to build it. Depending on how hard I want to work myself, I can put 2000-3000hrs on it in a year.

The title and door jamb VIN say 67, the front end say 71/72. The bed says 67. Is there anything else that would prove the truck is truly a 67. Has a Goodwrench 350. Currently doesn't run but it should. Needs a passenger door and bed. Some patch work as been done and will get redone but overall seems decent.

I paid $2500, I think it was a fair price. I see the rust buckets for sale on FB marketplace in this price range so that helped me pull the trigger.

Some of my work I've done in my career. 18 Years as a painter and bodyguy. Around 10 yrs of metalwork experience. If anyone wants to see more. I have a touch over 400 photos on my IG from the last 10 years.

k_courtright is my IG

BTW, is there a moderator or admin that can change my Profile name?

ProjectDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:58 PM   #2
D.B

Re: New but Not New.. 2008 Member Finally Buys a C10

Welcome and that is some nice work you have done. Good starter truck and you should have fun building it like you want it. Keep us all posted on your progress, and we do like pictures. Lots of pictures.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:13 PM   #3
CDA 455
MidlifeCrisisUnderWay

Talking Re: New but Not New.. 2008 Member Finally Buys a C10

Welcome back fellow new-not-new member.

I'm an '07 member returning today!

1972 CST Blazer <---sold
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 07:14 AM   #4
Getter-Done

Welcome in once again.

I will go check out your IG.

Here is a Thread about one year only things, it's got 67 stuff listed also.
There are several one year only things.

Link: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=67+only+items
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #5
ProjectDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Welcome in once again.

I will go check out your IG.

Here is a Thread about one year only things, it's got 67 stuff listed also.
There are several one year only things.

Link: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=67+only+items
Thanks, I read through it just now. I guess I was more specifically wondering if there were stampings elsewhere on the body or chassis that would verify the 67 Title it owns.

If the rear view mirror is a good, reliable tell tail. Then it is a 67 cab. I saw a comment about dents in the firewall but mine doesn't have them. My frame appears to be a 67 as it doesn't have a recess for the steering gear. It does however have the later steering setup. Appears to have 68 front marker lights? None of this really matters, it's just something to kill some time and figure out the Heinz 57ness of the truck.

I will stay true to the 67 and go without side marker lights. I like the 71/72 front better but I'm leaning towards buying or making a 67/68 hood for it. I've been deep into 3 different build lists for this project to grasp cost of each path. I may when I decide the final build path, start a project thread. It's gonna be a year of acquiring parts until I start. Until then, I spend about 2hrs a day planning and researching a little bit of everything.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:52 PM   #6
350TacoZilla

Frame should have vin numbers stamped in it but they can be hard to find after years of undercoating or rust lol. driverside ahead of motor mount is one of them I believe. I had a 72 K5 frame I had checked but that was 20 years ago so I'm a bit rusty myself.

The thing of it having different year stuff on it is pretty common for all generations of truck in my area just because they get pieced together with what you can find\afford\like vs 100% correct part. and with the earlier front end being hard to find and expensive when you do find one I can understand the swap.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:03 PM   #7
ProjectDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
Frame should have vin numbers stamped in it but they can be hard to find after years of undercoating or rust lol. driverside ahead of motor mount is one of them I believe. I had a 72 K5 frame I had checked but that was 20 years ago so I'm a bit rusty myself.

The thing of it having different year stuff on it is pretty common for all generations of truck in my area just because they get pieced together with what you can find\afford\like vs 100% correct part. and with the earlier front end being hard to find and expensive when you do find one I can understand the swap.
Thank you. Judging from the condition of the bed, rad support and inner fenders. I'm gonna guess the front steetmetal and doors were trash and hence the later model stuff. It's going to be a complete 100% teardown build so I'll look for the frame stamping then.