The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Bustedknuckle

Filler neck questions....

I like the location and looks of the stock gas cap on my 1970 but I dont want to have the tank in the cab with me. I want my original gas cap to be functional but I want the tank relocated. Has this been done before? or is it even possible? I would probably be better off just making the cap look origanial and hiding the true filler neck elsewhere but if there is a slick way to make it work I would like to try. If anyone has ideas or can find a thread about this I would appreciate it.
Bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
dragonwrecker

Re: Filler neck questions....

you could always build a custom frame mounted tank to fit inside the frame rails and run the neck thru the cab but if it was me i would just relocate the tank and hide the cap and have the original just look like it is usable.
dragonwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Bustedknuckle

Thats what I'm thinking too. It would be more simple. While im in the mood to ask ?'s I was wondering if anyone had tried stuffing an a/c unit out of a later model truck under their dash. I would think that this is a log shot but it would save me $1300 by not buying one of those kind that vintage air makes. I dont want to have all that stock a/c **** under my hood cluttering up everything either. So if anyone knows of a later model a/c unit that one could modify to work that would be awesome.
Bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
dragonwrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckle View Post
Thats what I'm thinking too. It would be more simple. While im in the mood to ask ?'s I was wondering if anyone had tried stuffing an a/c unit out of a later model truck under their dash. I would think that this is a log shot but it would save me $1300 by not buying one of those kind that vintage air makes. I dont want to have all that stock a/c **** under my hood cluttering up everything either. So if anyone knows of a later model a/c unit that one could modify to work that would be awesome.
i was wondering the same thing
dragonwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote