The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
layingC10nK5

need help 350 vortec shuts off

i got a 1996 350 vortec in my 2door tahoe that cuts off when i get to a stop. it takes about 3 tries to get the truck started, it idles and runs good but ass soon as you go to stop it it stumbles and shuts off. i read on another forum of the same problem, the guy replaced his fuel pump (i was going to do that tomorrow) and same problem. i checked all the vacum hoses and compared it to my brothers 2door tahoe and they all seem fine, could it be my fuel pressure regulator??? any help would be great thanks in advance.
layingC10nK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: need help 350 vortec shuts off

Quote:
Originally Posted by layingC10nK5 View Post
i got a 1996 350 vortec in my 2door tahoe that cuts off when i get to a stop. it takes about 3 tries to get the truck started, it idles and runs good but ass soon as you go to stop it it stumbles and shuts off. i read on another forum of the same problem, the guy replaced his fuel pump (i was going to do that tomorrow) and same problem. i checked all the vacum hoses and compared it to my brothers 2door tahoe and they all seem fine, could it be my fuel pressure regulator??? any help would be great thanks in advance.
I'm assuming you have already changed your fuel filter? Just curious why you would change the fuel pump? Are you certain it is bad or not delivering proper pressure? I'm not sure if that model has a schrader valve to check the pressure at the rail? there should be a way to check it inline or somewhere on there with the proper gage. Good luck,
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote