The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
tiddlar

Aeromotive dual phantom in take system?

Been looking at the dual phantom in take set up.
Question 1: would one pump be enough to run?
Question 2: when the gas is to the floor can the second pump kick in? The time it takes for the second pump to kick in will that effect the motor?

This picture has it with both pumps running, if I’m only going to use one pump, (most of the time) wouldn’t the pressure be affected ? So would changing an size prior to filter help with pressure?

Or should I have both pumps running at once? Spoke to aeromotive tech staff mentioned since one pump will be running all the time an size prior to filter should be changed
Him and I got into it, he was trying to make a sale. Aeromotive was 2200 and jegs 1685. He refused to e mail me parts numbers ... any input appreciated thanks gentlmen
The motor is an RHS502 ls 869 hp naturally aspirated with direct port nitrous 200 shot.
Attached Images

Last edited by tiddlar; 04-29-2020 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Forgotten information
tiddlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:17 AM   #2
Super73

Re: Aeromotive dual phantom in take system?

I don't think a single pump 340 will keep up with 850+ HP at the crank let alone on the unit. And let me all you, do you want to find out when it goes lean on the unit?

When I first put my truck together I ran fuel Walbro 255's but they were external.

I had mine wired with one always on and the second turned on when I armed the N2O.

You could wire one to a throttle switch to activate it for motor and N2O.

Your tune up should not change as long as fuel pressure stays constant:
1) Does not drop below a base setting on one pump before the second pump kicks in.
2) Your regulator can return the unused fuel that both pumps are supplying together.

AN size and line does not control pressure, a fuel pressure regulator does. Remember, you cant keep pressure without volume to back it.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:28 AM   #3
tiddlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
I don't think a single pump 340 will keep up with 850+ HP at the crank let alone on the unit. And let me all you, do you want to find out when it goes lean on the unit?

When I first put my truck together I ran fuel Walbro 255's but they were external.

I had mine wired with one always on and the second turned on when I armed the N2O.

You could wire one to a throttle switch to activate it for motor and N2O.

Your tune up should not change as long as fuel pressure stays constant:
1) Does not drop below a base setting on one pump before the second pump kicks in.
2) Your regulator can return the unused fuel that both pumps are supplying together.

AN size and line does not control pressure, a fuel pressure regulator does. Remember, you cant keep pressure without volume to back it.
Thank you for your reply, it’s a lot to think about, im having some mechanically inclined buddies guiding me. I’m in the medical field but I do like to learn.

Spoke with aeromotive again, they said one would be enough but when more is needed the second one will kick on. I’m sure there’s a way to tune it to where when it’s full throttle number 2 kicks in...?
Posted via Mobile Device
tiddlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:42 AM   #4
Super73

Re: Aeromotive dual phantom in take system?

Yes, simply wire the second pump through a relay.

Pin 30 goes to 12v battery, make sure it has an appropriate fuse

Pin 87a goes to the fuel pump

Pin 85 goes to an ignition source

Pin 86 goes to a wide open throttle switch. Make sure this goes to the normally open side of the switch not the normally closed side. If it is wired to the normally closed side, it will turn the pump off when the switch is engaged.

From there the wide open throttle switch goes to ground.

You can also wire your N20 through the same switch.

I can draw you a diagram of needed.

Will you be running a N20 controller?
Plate kit or direct port?
Do you have a trans brake?
Do you have a 2 step?

All of this is important to know when wiring up N20. You don't want the kit comming on while you are waiting for the lights at WOT.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote