The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #1
jbassC10

Radiator/Mater Cylinder Trouble .. :-\

Okay... man this custom restoring is becoming one heck of head ache. lol I knew it was coming but I didn't realize this much detail was coming into play. =lessons of wisdom.

Enough said:

I ordered a Champion Radiator and after receiving it, it doesn't match up near to what I expected? Is there another company I order from that will literally bolt up with no fabrications? Or what year can I pull a radiator from to swap out?

Master Cylinder/Booster= Summit Racing= Failure. :-\ I ordered the bracket to attach master/booster to fire wall.... Nope. No go. :-\ Another failure for the evening.
Any idea where I can swap from another Chevy or buy from a company a booster/Master for a 1971 C10 Disc Brake chevy, 2wd, 350motor that will bolt up? Bolting up is the big deal. AS of right now, I might have to grind off the original bolts from the firewall and drill for new bolts holes to attached the cylinder with new bolts :=S "I just wanta cry" hahaha

Online sites, wisdom, anything you have I'll take with an open ear! =In need.
Thanks guys!
jbassC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
cdowns

Re: Radiator/Mater Cylinder Trouble .. :-\

have never had any problems with radiators that were readily available from the local auto parts stores// fit purrfect and were hiquality at lo prices// did have to wait about a day for them to get them into the store// did not have to pay shipping

as far as the brackets required for brake booster // i'd look in the parts section on the board for the brackets and i get booster and master cylinder again at my local auto parts store rteadily available most times they were on the shelf
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
71 super

What are you trying to get to? Frank at pickem ups (here on board) has a upgraded booster m/c setup that will fit in stock location. As far as radiator, I used aluminum in one of mine and no major issues- modified lower pads but not a big deal. If wanting a stock type go to your local parts store- get a modine and take it home and drop it in. You do need to know what set up you have currently, if going from six or small 8 to 350 to larger upper rad support clamps/ retainers need to be changed usually . The four core rad is wider and used a different inner pad. If going custom there is no such thing as drop in stock location.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
jbassC10

Awesome! Little Pricey for me, but he did give me great information though!! Thanks so much for the help!!!
jbassC10 is offline   Reply With Quote