The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
Idaho64GMC

Re: New member and new 64 GMC

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a pic of my engine now that it is done and some news. I found a starter and flexplate, put a filter into my TH350 and a new pan gasket, so now when I get time I can get the engine and transmission into the pickup and start the rear crossmember fabrication and other odds and ends like that.
Attached Images

Idaho64GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
Idaho64GMC

After a couple months of plugging away I finally have the engine and transmission in it and took it for a test drive the other day. It's really fun to drive and everything is pretty good. I need to do a little adjusting on the carb and finish up some guage wiring then she'll be road worthy
Old 03-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #28
Idaho64GMC

Hello everyone!

Boy, talk about a long absence from the board. Many things have happened while I've been absent from the board. I am now just weeks away from being a certified Agriculture Instructor for high school students and have a job lined up for next school year. Unfortunately, old blue has taken a back seat while I've been finishing school and beginning "real life."

That changes soon, I found a donor 6.2 diesel and transmission/transfer case. I have axles and almost everything I need, (I've been gathering parts when I can), to make old blue into a 4x4 diesel and I am super excited about it. Progress reports and pics will follow as soon as I start in on this new adventure.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:18 PM   #29
Idaho64GMC

some pictures from driving it the past 3 or so years, it needs some cancer repair, honestly been leaning towards new fenders. Got it in the shop today and started doing some measurements to put 3/4 ton axles under it and make it a 6.2 4x4
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #30
Idaho64GMC

Finally had a day to work, I removed the front clip today. Getting ready to remove the 350/350 combo I put in a couple of years ago, front crossmember and 2wd suspension will go after the engine and trans. I also found my stash of glow plugs and injectors for the 6.2 and found out it does turn free so hopefully it'll be running before too long.
Attached Images