The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
nhtc33d

Project 1960 cheapskate

I Bought this 1960 GMC truck in 2018 then I bought a 1966 Chevy 2 weeks later as a parts truck. Both sat around collecting dust until late 2019 and I have been working on the GMC since then. It has (had) the 305 v6 with manual trans and actually ran really well.
The Chevy was bought more so just for the parts vs another project. It was an abandoned project and the prior owner pancaked the crossmember and installed a step notch in the rear.
I thought the body on the GMC was in ok shape but when I started tearing it down and sent it to sandblasters I found all kinds of hidden rust treasures! It ended up needing the typical east coast rust repairs on cab and doors and the area above the top the the windshield was really bad. Bedsides were really good and only needed two small patches about the size of a quarter. Tailgate is nice but has few dents on the top. I will update with more progress pics tomorrow.
Attached Images