The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2019, 07:17 PM   #26
71 K20 in SD

Re: Wheel Vintiques / JEGS Rant

I ordered My Wheel Vintiques from Summit Racing...got them in about 2 days

71 K20 in SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:30 PM   #27
72 tigger

I ordered a item from Jegs on 1/11/19 and received a email about a week later stating it wouldn’t ship until 2/15/19. Contacted them today and they said it will ship on 3/1/19- they seem to be building a reputation
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Results?? It's Wednesday of the next week. What did Wheel Vintiques say? Did you try Summit? Did you talk to Jeg's about returning them?

What's the deal with threads like this? A guy comes on posts a *****out rant on a business, gets all our attention and suggestions, then leaves us all hanging, and we start getting all this unrelated one supplier did this and that jargon. We have people ragging on Jeg's when we don't even know if this issue is out of their power, if they themselves are victims of poor supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 K20 in SD View Post
I ordered My Wheel Vintiques from Summit Racing...got them in about 2 days
Those are not the same wheels. I've always had the same experience with Jeg's, but what does any of this have to do with the OP's current issue with these particular wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
I ordered a item from Jegs on 1/11/19 and received a email about a week later stating it wouldn’t ship until 2/15/19. Contacted them today and they said it will ship on 3/1/19- they seem to be building a reputation
I am sure they are telling you what Wheel Vintiques is telling them. Jeg's wants to sell the wheels and it seems there is a supply issue. It sucks to get your hopes up only to be told disappointing news. We don't want to wait to know what's going on and they want to tell you before you have to ask them. I truly believe Jeg's is being jerked around the same as their customers. They are just as good a vendor as Summit, and have been my preference for years, with no complaints.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #29
mr.precision

Keep your pants on, pal. I will post a reply to this when I have the chance to do so. There have been some things taking place during the last week that I don't feel obligated to share with you or anyone else.
mr.precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #30
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I think the internet is a grsat thing and it ahd changed the world for the most part good and of course there is abuse with it. I've ordered lots of stuff on line without an issue. Now if I am ordering something big ticket being the old fogey I am I always like to call and talk with someone and ask do you have the parts in inventory at your location and also get the persons name then record the date /time I talked with him/hero so if there is a problem I can realte that info back.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.precision View Post
Keep your pants on, pal. I will post a reply to this when I have the chance to do so. There have been some things taking place during the last week that I don't feel obligated to share with you or anyone else.
Don't worry, pants are on. I don't think I'm being impatient when it's been over a week since you took the time to post your rant. After 5 days I asked and now on the 8th day. I see you made time to reply to my post this morning. I figure in the same amount of time you could have simply posted what you just did, and in less time without the smartass pants comment. Sorry for caring about your problem and wanting to know the results after offering helpful suggestions.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #32
CheyenneSuper72

I would be willing to bet that Wheel Vintiques are the ones that cannot supply an accurate timeline on providing wheels. We went through a 3 month ordeal with them on a set of wheels for a 66 Chevelle last year. Never again. Communication was horrible and we were told they were shipping out Friday, Next Tuesday, week after next, and so on. Hopefully you get this resolved quickly.
CheyenneSuper72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #33
mr.precision

Wheel Vintiques has the raw material and will build these wheels in May.
JEGS cannot push the production date up.
Summit doesn't have them in stock until late April. Same story. I suspect that date will turn into May 2019.
There you have it.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #34
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I just cancelled my order witth Summit.wheels were supposed to be here two weeks ago. Latest update on shipping is end of May. I called wheel vintiques and they said may/june would be optimistic. I'm just going to use my 7" f#@d wheels.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.precision View Post
Wheel Vintiques has the raw material and will build these wheels in May.
JEGS cannot push the production date up.
Summit doesn't have them in stock until late April. Same story. I suspect that date will turn into May 2019.
There you have it.
Wow! August '18 to May '19... if that is even a fact. That's crazy, like 10 months crazy. And they have the raw materials yet it will be 3 months till they build them? That's a lot of space taken up to let those raw materials sit. Most definitely it would be impossible for Summit to have them in April before Wheel Vintiques makes them. Sounds like Jeg's is shooting you straight and Summit is leading you on.

I feel lucky with how buying my 16 x 8 8-luggers went. They were on sale like $35 cheaper each... $125 wheels for $89. I order them and Jeg's said they were backordered. I was willing to wait. They put them on sale to sell a bunch before they even had them and I got mine in a couple weeks. I thought that was a very smart business move. They should at least give you a discount for all this waiting for sure

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 02-22-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:22 AM   #36
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

What wheel vintiques told me is that they DON'T have the materials.available for a long period of time.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:08 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

Poor business practice all around. It sounds like who ever WV had actually building the components and or assembling them parted ways and they are scratching to get something together with someone new. This is a prime example of how big business practice using global supply can be bad for the American consumer. To many hands. My buddy had custom built 17 x 9 8-luggers built in short order. Were they cheap? Far from it. But if someone were to set up shop in a closed low property value facility in a depressed area (plenty of those), they could give jobs back to Americans glad to work and sell a product more efficiently. Probably cost more, but maybe the American consumer has learned their lesson by now. And maybe Mr Big with have to get used to netting a bit less. They sure aren't making much now selling wheels that don't exist.

Tim

Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #38
jocko

mr.precision, it must drive you absolutely crazy to deal with such inaccuracies..

Sorry, I couldn't help it, that one just fell into place
Anyway, I kept seeing this thread percolate back up to the top so finally got around to reading it. Sorry you've had such a horrible time with this - you've had the patience of a saint. I can't imagine that Jeg's woudln't let you return the ones you have for a refund, considering all that's happened - have they said time is out to return them? This would have driven me batty, the whole mess. And I have experienced it - but I ordered direct from Stockton Wheel, won't ever do that again. Had to ship them all back, they had rust on the spots where they missed the powder coating. It was a shoddy job. And they weren't very pleasant about it. So, they've lost my business forever. I hope you get this sorted out soon.

I will say I've had good luck with Jeg's - but that I've never ordered wheels from them. But someone hit the nail on the head above - whether or not the stuff is on their shelves, they are indeed the middleman that took your money, so they should be bending over backwards to make this right/refund your money/pay for return shipping, etc. The whole back ordered nonsense kills me - they aren't the only ones that do it either - LMC is notorious for populating the b/o in tiny print right before you click buy if I recall correctly - I know I've been hosed a few times like that. Is there any other source for these wheels than Jegs or direct? You must really want them - and I can understand that, once I have my mind made up on wheels, I don't change it either.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #39
HO455
Post Whore

Having just caught up with the thread it is has become apparent to me the delays in the wheels are a result of the current trade war going on between us and China. There may be a 25% tariff being levied on these goods. Or the current rush to ship things to the USA has bumped the shipping schedule for these goods. Entities like Walmart and Home Depot control the container shipping industry. The rest of the cargos just get to share whatever space is left over on each vessel. The shipping lines are taking advantage to the shortage of space and charging a premium price for it. If the controlling entities decide they need the space everyone one else has a choice of waiting or paying lots more for shipping. So smaller business's like Vintique and Jegs can either wait or raise their prices to cover the difference.
For good or bad if these wheels were available at Walmart this wouldn't be happening.

https://theloadstar.co.uk/spot-rates...-beat-tariffs/
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #40
rsavage

They are made in the USA, not imported. Guess what wheel is on their homepage. It appears demand is exceeding their manufacturing ability right now.
https://www.wheelvintiques.com/
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #41
AussieinNC

Walmart is already in the wheel business as a reseller...

Just head over to walmart.com and search on Car Wheels

As mentioned in other posts, smaller suppliers "like WV and others" are at the mercy of supply lines....

There have been occasional supply issues even before Coker bought WV....

Why not just return the wheels to Jegs and buy elsewhere....is all this fuss over a set of rims really worth the angst? Jegs are not to blame here...

If I ordered something and was informed of a week or two delay, thats to be expected in todays world...if the back ordered items did not arrive by the promised date...the entire order would be sent back at their cost
Just my humble opinion...here I am...just a rollin along...sorry, this is a wheel post...

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #42
special-K
Special Order

I checked on another size 8-lug Series 82s from Jeg's - one in stock, Summit - no stock. Both say mid-May. Wheel Vintiques doesn't tell you anything and I got all the way to purchasing a set, but I bet they don't have any. Jegs and Summit are both good vendors. WV seems to be having issues

I went ahead and ordered a set of four because I'll be needing them by next year (j/k)

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 02-23-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #43
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
They are made in the USA, not imported. Guess what wheel is on their homepage. It appears demand is exceeding their manufacturing ability right now.
https://www.wheelvintiques.com/

Assembled in the us however the steel I'd suspect is import
Old 02-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #44
Cooper Restorations

Sorry, I just now read this post... I have a few of the wheels in stock that you need. Give me a call at 765-661-1723 or text. Message me your shipping address, and I can get you a total.
Jeff Cooper
Cooper Restorations
Cooper Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #45
rsavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQQL IT View Post
Assembled in the us however the steel I'd suspect is import
For what it's worth -
I don't know why they would buy foreign steel since there is a tariff on it at present making it more expensive than domestic. That is why our own steel mills are reopening and ramping up production. I believe their website says "made" in the USA.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:06 PM   #46
67swb72klb

It would be nice if they made some to fit the newer trucks say an 8" x 16" or 17"
Old 02-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #47
mr.precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Restorations View Post
Sorry, I just now read this post... I have a few of the wheels in stock that you need. Give me a call at 765-661-1723 or text. Message me your shipping address, and I can get you a total.
Jeff Cooper
Cooper Restorations
Can do, Jeff. Just need one 15x7 series 62 with 4" backspace. Will call you to explore. Thanks
Mike
And here's the rest of the story....patiently waiting in my shop.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2019, 05:35 PM   #48
Cooper Restorations

All mine are 4.25" backspacing.
Cooper Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #49
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
For what it's worth -
I don't know why they would buy foreign steel since there is a tariff on it at present making it more expensive than domestic. That is why our own steel mills are reopening and ramping up production. I believe their website says "made" in the USA.
I'd suspect the tariffs are the main issue here.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:14 PM   #50
HO455
Post Whore

In this world of global industry nothing is as it seems. Prior to last summer US steel was being exported overseas and much of it was processed into a preproduction blanks or other manufacturing ready products. and then reshipped back across the ocean for final manufacturing. This flow of steel (and other commodities) has slowed considerably in the past six months. ( I work in the shipping industry)
Steel and other commodities flow back and forth for many reasons. Sometimes to escape environmental concerns or because certain industries were bought and moved overseas, and other nefarious schemes. At this point to move them back is impossible due to the NIBY folks. Not to mention the cost and time it would take to get them back on line.
Throw in a wild card like the sudden change in tariffs and the supply chain is thrown out of whack.
Are you willing to pay 30% more for each of your new wheels to offset what the manufacturers are having to pay? It is likely WV is delaying and hoping things get back to normal before they have to pay the new tariffs. They most likely over a barrel not of their own making, having to pay the new US tariffs (which are passed through), and the retaliatory Chinese tariffs. Add in the fact there may be no products that fit their needs manufactured in the USA.
Bad times for everyone.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote