The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

O'l Buck 67 K-20

Truck Info
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1967
Suspension type: Leaf
Front Brakes: Drum
Modifications: Flatbed, snoplow
Rear Brakes: Drum
Steering: Stock/Manual
Front differential type / Gears: Open 4.56
Rear differential type / Gears: No spin detroit locker 4.56
Tire and Wheel Size 7.50 16

Body
Color Scheme: Blue/White
Bodyman: Fisher
Modifications: Many Dents by previous owner and the sheep in the pen it used to sit in
Paint Type: original
Painter: GM

Interior
Color: Blue
Material: Vinyl/steel Original
Upholsterer: GM Stock
Wiring: Stock
Modifications: Defroster fan above windshield
Steering wheel/Column:Stock
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: None
Air Conditioning: N/A
Instrument Gauges: Stock

Engine
Cubic Inch: 350
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Camshaft: Stock
Cylinder heads: Stock
Valve Covers: Stock
Intake Manifold: Stock 2bbl from the old 283
Ignition System: Point type
Exhaust type: Dual Dyna Max
Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Carb 2bbl RP 2jet

Transmission
Automatic / Standard: Standard SM465
Torque Converter:N/A
Modifications: none
Shifter type: straight stick
Drive Shaft: Originals

Biography
What is your name? Chad Stephens
Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc) 4 wheel off road mud drags, atv's, beer, drag racing, working on the trucks, atvs shooting, hanging with the family and camping/fishing/hunting etc

How long have you owned your truck? Took ownership in 2012

What made you decide to buy this truck? Fell in love with this truck when I was a boy about 9 years old when Dad bought it.

How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? It's stored outside
What do you enjoy about your truck the most? It's useful for everything, hard to get stuck and always starts as long as the battery is up.

Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? Haven't built it yet, someday I may restore it factory except for the closed knuckle front axle, but for the foreseeable future, I'm going to keep using it as is.

What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it? Money, too many other toys/projects

What/who is you favorite/best part source? GMC Pauls, ebay and the locas U pull it yard
What are some things have helped your project to be a success? Dad finally let me trade him out of it after years of trying to buy it from him.

What is the history behind your truck? My Dad bought it in 1983 from it's original owner, who was really hard on it, it had 3 different size tires, bent from front to back and all over, it had a hoist under the box and the original 283 was done for. Dad repowered it with a 350 and ran it for a few years as it was, he put a gooseneck plate in it and hauled cows commercially for local farmers and guys from the sale barn to the pastures and feedlots. After he got a newer pickup, he let me drive it some to take to the pasture and shoot prairie dogs out of it and run around with my buddies as long as we didn't take it to town because it didn't have any license plates. When I was in high school me and a buddy put a younger 350 in it and ran it for awhile, but that motor burned a valve and was using a lot of oil soon. Then Dad put a feed box on it and used it for a feed truck for a couple of years, then it was parked on the hill above the house under an old cottonwood tree for about 15 years until I got it traded for. I grew up in the truck, driving it hauling firewood and hunting out of it and I hated to see it on the hill. I poured a little gas in the carb and it fired right up, I checked the tires and drove it home to my house with no brakes, front end bouncing and shaking due to the bad shocks and flat spots on the tires. I put some new shocks on it and mounted up a set of more street friendly tires so It was more highway friendly, but most of the time I leave the old mud tires on it. I fixed the brakes, threw the feed box in the iron and put a flatbed on it that I had out in the pasture. I repowered it again with another 350, still using the original 283 carb and intake and it runs great, I use it around the farm here and pull my camper to the lake with it when my dodge is hooked to something else. I put a snow plow on it which makes it useful in the winter too.

What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): Hauling, mudding, hunting, pushing snow, checking fence, getting firewood, drive to work when the roads are bad, etc.

What is your favorite memory with your truck? Riding in it checking cows as a kid plowing mud in the creek.

Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? Not really a mod, but dropping a good motor in it was a big plus

If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? It needs better brakes

What are your future plans for your truck? I would like to do a factory correct restoration on this one some day, you don't see too many 67 K-20's with the no spin option and 4.56 gears.

What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? I don't really have any advise, the truck is so far from done I'de hate to offer advise to anyone, it's looked almost exactly the same for the last 45 years

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: O'l Buck 67 K-20

Good to see you back. I didn't know you got dads truck, that rocks.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

Re: O'l Buck 67 K-20

It took me a lot of years to trade him out of it....he said he was planning to inherit it to me anyway lol. I got her up and running well and use it about every day.

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote