The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #26
afoshie

Re: Help get my wife off my back

I work at a fire department, most fire departments and poliece departments have trained car seat safety technitians that will show ou the proper way to install the seat in any vehicle. go by the fire or poliece station in your area and they should be more than happy to help you and then your wife may get off your back. It is part of our job so they shouldn't care to help
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #27
72BLUZ

get you a 1 inch wide cargo strap and secure the childs seat to the seat belt anchor under the seat

Last edited by 72BLUZ; 02-18-2008 at 09:27 PM.
72BLUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #28
72armyswbtruck

Them there booster seats are no more safe than any other car seat that you can buy at the local walmart or target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971ChevyTruck View Post
Wow never had so many replies to a single post...thanks for everyone sharing their feelings and information...all of this because of my wife... I called Illinois State police today...they said in Illinois a lap belt won't cut it for a booster seat unless its a booster seat with a 5 point harness and you have that secured with the lap belt and the strap on the back of the car seat. The booster seats with the 5 point harness take up too much room on the bench seat. So here are the two options I found..I found a cheap four point harness and use the simpson racing booster or I am going to suck it up and use the simpson racing booster with the 5 point harness. Either way my daughter is excited, I make the wife happy and its the only way I keep the pink car seat out of my truck..